What's new

Rythmic Razor

Wonderful shaving instrument. I'm enjoying the ridged blade feel with it adjusted wide open. All I feel is blade, yet zero irritation and no stubble at the 14th hour. Why did they quit making these?

Wonderful shaving instrument. I'm enjoying the ridged blade feel with it adjusted wide open. All I feel is blade, yet zero irritation and no stubble at the 14th hour. Why did they quit making these?

I imagine it was a very expensive razor to manufacture. Brass plated with chrome, adjustable, absolutely unique design, top quality bakelite box. I can't imagine anyone even trying to manufacture a Rythmic clone today. Other razors have been cloned by quality makers, such as the Darwin and the soon to be released Tradere. Three piece razors both. Janus tried to fund-raise to re-issue an updated/redesigned Toggle. The Kickstarter campaigned failed. The projected cost of the Janus Toggle was $625. I can't imagine anyone even trying such a project with a Rythmic.

That's what I thought, thanks.

I cleaned and thoroughly dried the parts that were starting to corrode (minor). Then dipped in a coating that is used for jewelry to seal it up. This way I can use from time to time and not worry so much about further corrosion damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cleaned and thoroughly dried the parts that were starting to corrode (minor). Then dipped in a coating that is used for jewelry to seal it up. This way I can use from time to time and not worry so much about further corrosion damage.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like a good plan. They don't turn up very often and are priced in line with their desirability and scarcity. One of my favorite designs.

That's what I thought, thanks.

It happens I have mine taken apart for a cleaning and an adjustment. I had a good look at it and the bottom threaded knobs are I am sure brass plated with chrome. The rod looks to be steel, I would think likely stainless because it looks to have been turned on a lathe based on the tooling marks. I cannot be sure what the handle is though. It is very light. Much lighter than any zamac razor I own. I wonder if the patent number might shed some light on this. Mine is Brit. Patent No. 466228.

It happens I have mine taken apart for a cleaning and an adjustment. I had a good look at it and the bottom threaded knobs are I am sure brass plated with chrome. The rod looks to be steel, I would think likely stainless because it looks to have been turned on a lathe based on the tooling marks. I cannot be sure what the handle is though. It is very light. Much lighter than any zamac razor I own. I wonder if the patent number might shed some light on this. Mine is Brit. Patent No. 466228.

Anyone know how to view that patent online?

That's amazing, thank you. From the text,

"There may be teats on the undersides of the bars a at the corners of the blades to depress the latter".

Now that I've got to see.

Given that these razors still exist and we have the patent details, would it be possible to do a short/long run of components by printer to satisfy possible demand ? Just a thought....

I've no idea how printing of parts actually works. I imagine it would take a fair amount of effort and technical knowledge.

The patent drawings and description are really rather generic. They don't really describe what the razor ultimately turned into when it was made.

This is a rather complicated piece of equipment. When the bottom knob is turned, the "bottom plate" turns 90 degrees away from the top "cap" while lowering to permit a blade to be inserted. It then rises up and turns the other direction 90 degrees to close.

Poetry in motion. I keep thinking I would love to see someone who knows how to do it, do a video of the movement as it is so unique.

It's also an adjustable razor.

Top Bottom