What's new

RYO Roll Your Own

I’ve been rolling my own cigarettes for some time now and did it years back but didn’t have the best machine. Now I have the POWERMATIC 2 ($80) and it’s really a Quality cigarette machine. It only costs me like $27 a month maby less I forgot but it’s about 3 days worth of buying cigarettes if I wasn’t making my own. $10 a pack? Nope! And I really like this tobacco a lot better it doesn’t have any of that tar or chemicals in it. Just good old tobacco and water! You can also make your own tobacco blend if you so wish.

I normally make them once every 5 days and it takes me about 25 mins to do. Not too bad. I can make about 100 in that time.

You can get 200 tubes for about $2.50 and a pound of tobacco ranges between $13-$19 depending on where you buy it. But I’d say If you get it online you’re going to pay less but it’s a trick because they tried to send you some kind of tobacco tax in the mail. And if you get it at one of the puffs and pipes stores your basically paying that tax.

I was surprised when I received it in the mail and I stopped ordering from the Windy City cigars. And no way I paid it lol screw all that noise.

I’m not condoning smoking in anyway I’m just saying if you’re going to do it might as well save you some money.

~snip~

But I’d say If you get it online you’re going to pay less but it’s a trick because they tried to send you some kind of tobacco tax in the mail. And if you get it at one of the puffs and pipes stores your basically paying that tax.

I was surprised when I received it in the mail and I stopped ordering from the Windy City cigars. And no way I paid it lol screw all that noise.

I quit cigs, but for a while I bought them online to avoid Michigan state tobacco taxes. I emailed the seller before buying and asked if they disclosed any information to ANYONE about their customers and their purchase, and they said emphatically "no", but apparently at some point they folded like a $50 tent.

After buying their cigarettes for about a year or so, I received a letter from the state of Michigan with an $1800 tax bill, that included an itemized ledger of every purchased I had made, and a form for me to sign in which I would agree to pay in full within three months, and be a good boy and never buy untaxed smokes online again - otherwise face the full brunt of the Michgan State Attorney's office. So, the choice was: pay the bill in full and receive "amnesty" for my crime, or face prosecution and the resulting late fees, penalties and fines.

This occurred while Jennifer Granholm was our governor and was ruining our state economically, and desperately looking for more tax dollars to waste, and she apparently formed a task force to collect any unpaid cigarette "sin tax". During the same period, a guy I worked with received a bill for over $3000 - he was buying cigs from the same website for himself and his mothet.

Anyway, I assumed they were not bluffing, and paid my tax bill.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I could never hand roll them. never. I used to have a little hand held slide machine that would fill the filter tubes.

I should look into that Powermatic machine. I would love to roll up some Prince Albert and see how it is.

Haven’t smoked in a while but I got the bug again and started to roll my own this time. Takes some practice for sure but figured I’d smoke less this way lol

Getting better with some rolling practice.
8B8C75F5-B28D-4EF9-8DCE-843F485F1CBA.jpeg

I quit cigs, but for a while I bought them online to avoid Michigan state tobacco taxes. I emailed the seller before buying and asked if they disclosed any information to ANYONE about their customers and their purchase, and they said emphatically "no", but apparently at some point they folded like a $50 tent.

After buying their cigarettes for about a year or so, I received a letter from the state of Michigan with an $1800 tax bill, that included an itemized ledger of every purchased I had made, and a form for me to sign in which I would agree to pay in full within three months, and be a good boy and never buy untaxed smokes online again - otherwise face the full brunt of the Michgan State Attorney's office. So, the choice was: pay the bill in full and receive "amnesty" for my crime, or face prosecution and the resulting late fees, penalties and fines.

This occurred while Jennifer Granholm was our governor and was ruining our state economically, and desperately looking for more tax dollars to waste, and she apparently formed a task force to collect any unpaid cigarette "sin tax". During the same period, a guy I worked with received a bill for over $3000 - he was buying cigs from the same website for himself and his mothet.

Anyway, I assumed they were not bluffing, and paid my tax bill.

Have heard these horror stories about people buying tobacco online and getting hit with fines n taxes. The other case the guy gave the advice to just ignore them and their shake down tactics, but at least you paid them so you don't have to worry about going to jail, for others it would be a nice paid vacation with 3 hots n a cot and a chance to visit old friends & family lol. It can be a scary experience for those that haven't been there before, but the courts never give you what you want so acting like u want to go there like reverse psychology has worked in the past. Sorry to hear the state sent Guidio to collect that's not cool since buying online is/was a option in the 1st place.

Have heard these horror stories about people buying tobacco online and getting hit with fines n taxes. The other case the guy gave the advice to just ignore them and their shake down tactics, but at least you paid them so you don't have to worry about going to jail, for others it would be a nice paid vacation with 3 hots n a cot and a chance to visit old friends & family lol. It can be a scary experience for those that haven't been there before, but the courts never give you what you want so acting like u want to go there like reverse psychology has worked in the past. Sorry to hear the state sent Guidio to collect that's not cool since buying online is/was a option in the 1st place.

Yeah, I just wanted it to go away, and figured I owed the taxes anyway, so I paid...which is probably just what they are hoping for. I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't have jailed me, but would have done everything possible to make me miserable.

Hey, I dodged their taxes and got caught, so in the end, paying up was the right thing to do.

Top Bottom