What's new

RUSSIAN TOOTH POWDERS

Born with a 95% deviated septum, the SLS in modern toothpastes actually gags me sometimes. Tom's and Trader Joe's natural tooth pastes are much less foaming, and do a good job.. When I was young Kolynos, Colgate , Py-Co-Pay and Calox were still sold , and I used them all. But out of all the old tooth powders, Pepsodent was my favorite, it was loaded with strong peppermint , really a fresh blast of delicious mint...I recently obtained from Russia 2 all natural tooth powders, one with a mint as strong as the old Pepsodent, and another with light mint clary sage ,and anise, which so far has eluded my taste buds. They both work great, rinse super easy, and do not foam , no foam at all !...I like them ,great taste, mouthfeel and tooth feel ,
IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG
very refreshing.

Born with a 95% deviated septum, the SLS in modern toothpastes actually gags me sometimes. Tom's and Trader Joe's natural tooth pastes are much less foaming, and do a good job.. When I was young Kolynos, Colgate , Py-Co-Pay and Calox were still sold , and I used them all. But out of all the old tooth powders, Pepsodent was my favorite, it was loaded with strong peppermint , really a fresh blast of delicious mint...I recently obtained from Russia 2 all natural tooth powders, one with a mint as strong as the old Pepsodent, and another with light mint clary sage ,and anise, which so far has eluded my taste buds. They both work great, rinse super easy, and do not foam , no foam at all !...I like them ,great taste, mouthfeel and tooth feel ,View attachment 985412 View attachment 985413 View attachment 985414 View attachment 985415 View attachment 985416 very refreshing.
Besides the Russian products, tooth powders are still common in India. In fact, both Pepsodent and Colgate tooth powders continue to be made and sold there. I believe one can find the Colgate brand on Amazon, not sure about Pepsodent.
And, there is a brave new world of organic, boutique and artisanal tooth powders here in the west, for the vegans, fluoride-fearful, twee-trendies and shi-shi poseurs out there, as well as just regular folks who like to pay $10-$30 for their dentifrice fix. Check Amazon for an overview.

Thanks for sharing @malocchio. Do you wet your toothbrush and dip it in the powder?
Yes....takes 4 dips, one dip for each row of teeth.... You wet the brush , manual or electric , shake off excess water and dip. Surprisingly , this technique does NOT leave clumps in the dentifrice powder....

Thanks for sharing!

I have Trader Joe’s tooth powder in my travel kit (cuts down on the liquids going through TSA screening.)

Besides the Russian products, tooth powders are still common in India. In fact, both Pepsodent and Colgate tooth powders continue to be made and sold there. I believe one can find the Colgate brand on Amazon, not sure about Pepsodent.
And, there is a brave new world of organic, boutique and artisanal tooth powders here in the west, for the vegans, fluoride-fearful, twee-trendies and shi-shi poseurs out there, as well as just regular folks who like to pay $10-$30 for their dentifrice fix. Check Amazon for an overview.

I've used Indian Colgate powder. Tastes great. Peppermint. Real peppermint flavor like those pink Scotch mints.

I’d recently added some clove and cinnamon leaf oil and ground Yerba Santa to my tooth powder blend but was a little heavy on the clove, so I cut, sweetened, and flavored it with some ground stevia leaf.

7D3CBE6B-5FDD-40C3-B89D-FD2EBD7C36B3.jpeg

Top Bottom