What's new

Russian Olive

Russian Olive is a tough hardy tree. I have a history with this specific tree and handle. I found this tree over 40 years ago. It was growing on the edge of a large cattail slough with a couple of nice deer trails forking right underneath it. I shot a lot of deer out out this tree with my longbows and recurves over the years. Mother Nature finally caught up to it with high water and heavy winds and blew it over. I salvaged a few pieces. This handle makes me feel really old. If I don't stick the badger in it I'll put a big Omega boar in it.

reverse side

This is what I usually work with, cast acrylic.

That russian olive is gorgeous. I love acrylic handles but since graydog keeps posting gorgeous wood handles I have found myself being drawn to wood handles more than acrylic.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
That looks very nice. We had a row of Russian Olive in our grove when I was a kid Their thorns punctured the lawn tractor's tires on more than one occasion, finally we simply let the grass grow. Should be a really good handle.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Beautiful Wood , great color and grain.
And the history you have with it make it special.
Very nice !

Beautiful brush. That's really cool that you could keep a piece of a tree you had so much of a history with.

Top Bottom