What's new

Russian MINORA test results

Minora DE blades from Russia, made for export to South Africa..... I have 10 shaves in , with 10 different razors and 10 different soaps . This blade works well in any razor, it is smooth and forgving . The 10th shave was also smooth, but I found myself applying a little extra pressure to acheive the BBS I really crave , so I figure it's time to move on down the rotation .. A blade that holds up fine for 10 shaves and has a decent price for 100 hanger is a " best buy " in my book, a very enjoyable blade.
DSC_2447.JPG

If you compare those with Nacet (current favorite) in terms of smoothness and sharpness, how would you rate them?

Nacets are a bit prickly and tuggy on shave 1 but smooth out pretty nicely and I really enjoy level of sharpness they have

Agreed. Good blades but the SS Yellows are near the bottom of the Gillette Russian (PPI) range IMO.
And what exactly makes it "near the bottom". The fact that it didn't work in the first razor you tried it with? For me the new yellow Stainless Minora is clearly above mid-tier. They make blades of different sharpness and different coatings for different beard types and razors.

And what exactly makes it "near the bottom". The fact that it didn't work in the first razor you tried it with? For me the new yellow Stainless Minora is clearly above mid-tier.
Good for you.

For me GSB, Nacet, 7OC Green, Sputnik, Perma-Sharp and Platinums are better blades.

I have tried the Minora SS in 4 very different razors, not just one... Rockwell 6S, Parker Semi Slant, Red Tip SS and Merkur Progress. So, the fact that they aren’t as good FOR ME as the hundreds of other Russian PPI blades I have used is exactly what makes it “near the bottom” for me.

If you prefer them to other Russian Gillettes, that’s perfectly fine with me.

If you compare those with Nacet (current favorite) in terms of smoothness and sharpness, how would you rate them?

Nacets are a bit prickly and tuggy on shave 1 but smooth out pretty nicely and I really enjoy level of sharpness they have
Tough call, but I'd give the smoothness edge to Minora...

Yes,,,,, and the South African import has no designation, so it may actually be a polished " non blue " carbon blade, either way it really holds up extremely well.
Mine seem pretty old...
Outer wrapper
Inner wrapper
4 smallish glue spots
Inked not laser etched
Carbon? I don’t think so.

Top Bottom