What's new

Runny Cream

Just opened a tub of TOBS Platinum. Super runny. Closer to liquid than not. Actually it had separated some and I had to stir it to thicken it up a bit.
Anyone know a cure for this? I'm thinking this may be "normal" but not sure. Either way, no bueno.

Maybe putting it in the fridge for a little while will help. That's what I did with a tube of UK made Ingram. It seemed to cut down the runny aspect quite well. It's worth a shot anyway.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I received a tube of Tabac cream that was the same way....wasn't sure if it was supposed to be that way or not. I hadn't thought of the fridge idea....I may give that a try as well.

Mine seems like it just sort of separated in the tube; I wonder if there is anyway to re-integrate it, short of squeezing it out, stirring it up, and then trying to get it back in the tube (that would be a challenge :laugh:)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
If you try the fridge trick, let us know how you get on please? I am interested to know the outcome.

Maybe putting it in the fridge for a little while will help. That's what I did with a tube of UK made Ingram. It seemed to cut down the runny aspect quite well. It's worth a shot anyway.

That’s the thing which turned me off about the UK Ingram. The Egyptian version never turns watery.

Rick

If you try the fridge trick, let us know how you get on please? I am interested to know the outcome.
Storing in the freezer (not refrigerator) somewhat did the trick. The cold froze it up to a much more manageable consistency. Of course it must STAY in the freezer or it gets gloopy again.

Top Bottom