What's new

Running beer

We are heading east for a family member surgery. At the request of a friend, we picked up his order for several Texas beers. Will be returning to New Mexico with Yuengling and Genessee.
E6D89A60-80F1-4763-9F10-166C98DA813A.jpeg

Every time I would head to Cali to meet up a friend prior to going backpacking, I would haul some of his favorite Bend beer down. I'd pack a case in a box and check it in on a Southwest flight.

proxy.php

-jim

When I saw the thread title I thought this was about one of those awful clubs where you do a couple of laps of the local park and have a pint right afterwards.

This is more like it!

Reactions: Avi

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It won’t be long now until I’m jumping states to try new beer! I’ve almost tried it all around here I think.

Last year my friend in IL told me Walgreens was selling cases of Miller Lite for $10.99. Here in Mid TN cheapest I ever saw a case of Miller was $22.99. So naturally I told her to buy me 10 cases. She held them until I could get up there and pick them up. I drove home with 10 cases of beer strapped in the back of the truck.

Back in the 80's, Coors was not available in Nebraska. Whenever I went to Kansas to visit my parents, I would pick up 15-20 cases for friends, neighbors, co-workers, members of the softball team. One dude nicknamed me the "Coors Courier".

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Back in the 80's, Coors was not available in Nebraska. Whenever I went to Kansas to visit my parents, I would pick up 15-20 cases for friends, neighbors, co-workers, members of the softball team. One dude nicknamed me the "Coors Courier".

You really were Bandit!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
EEEK!. I was on a Yuengling kick last year. Then one night I drank 6 to many and got a TERRIBLE hangover. Haven’t drank them since. A decent full bodied inexpensive beer. But darn, not for me and my drinking habits.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I don't know where in the east, but we have Dogfish Head, Tree House Brewing, Jack's Abby, Evil Twin and Ommegang - you don't have to drink Genesee.

W/ regards to Yeungling: Back in the stone ages (Early Naughts) I first moved to philly and remember thinking why are all these hipsters drinking this random super cheap Asian beer ;)

[Yes I know, I know .. ]

I don't know where in the east, but we have Dogfish Head, Tree House Brewing, Jack's Abby, Evil Twin and Ommegang - you don't have to drink Genesee.
I grew up with Genny so it’s a sentimental favorite. Love Genny Cream Ale, too, but it is surprisingly difficult to find. When I was in school, pretty much every bar in upstate New York has Genny Cream on tap. The Yuengling is more for my daughter down at Ft. Bliss. Many of her friends miss it and can’t believe her dad would run it for them.

I am a huge fan of Ommegang and usually make a trip up to Cooperstown when I visit my Mom. Ironically, I was able to buy a bottle of Hennepin in Abilene for less than it cost in New York.

Genny is super cheap and below the busch 30 packs in the display fridges at my local stores. Always figured it was shwill. Maybe I’ll give it a go one of these days.

Top Bottom