What's new

Run on Ammo?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Hormel can probably last for a century! I’ll go through my closet today. I am interested in that question myself.

So I did a side by side taste test today Brian. A can of Hormel chili vs. a can of Wolf Brand. Both with beans. Warmed up separately and added a couple of sliced up beef hot dogs into both. Both cans of chili, had almost matching expiration dates of about a year a piece.

Hormel was gross. Wolf brand blew it away with looks and taste. your miles may vary my brother. :)

So I did a side by side taste test today Brian. A can of Hormel chili vs. a can of Wolf Brand. Both with beans. Warmed up separately and added a couple of sliced up beef hot dogs into both. Both cans of chili, had almost matching expiration dates of about a year a piece.

Hormel was gross. Wolf brand blew it away with looks and taste. your miles may vary my brother. :)
Lol. I’ll have to try Wolf brand! I use the bean free version of normal to make chili dog.....with a good dose of my homemade siriracha sauce.

We get some labeled Texas Chili, by the Texas Chili Company down here in Texas. It comes in a heavy plastic bag in a plain looking cardboard box, like a brick. Beats Wolf brand hands down. You find in in the refrigerated/frozen sections in grocery stores.

Sriracha? Gents, if you live in an urban environment with a West Indian store, you’ve got to try this 🇧🇧 Barbados magic.

I put it in everything!

40C4974F-87DE-4E4D-81D2-812F780AB8B5.jpeg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
You can see the scuff mark on the log where I slipped and stepped on the timber rattler while mushroom hunting last year .40 lobotomy soon followed along with a change of pants

Dayum.

I stepped on a big old snapping turtle fishing one day. I thought his shell was just another rock in the water lol. That scared me enough, never mind steeping on that.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We have them in here in MI. I'm not sure how far up north though. I live a little north of Lansing, and last year a rattler was found near a restroom on a local nature trail.
Yeah, I saw a small one in my woods years back while riding my dirt bike.

A guy in the town over just west of us was actually bit while doing some gardening about 15 years ago, and there was a really hard time getting the anti venom (if I'm using the right werd) at the time. It seems like I remember that it expires, or something.

I was just kinda was referring to the fact that it's more rare for us to step on a rattle snake here in Michigan than for our neighbors to the west.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
We get some labeled Texas Chili, by the Texas Chili Company down here in Texas. It comes in a heavy plastic bag in a plain looking cardboard box, like a brick. Beats Wolf brand hands down. You find in in the refrigerated/frozen sections in grocery stores.
Lots of refrigerator brands best canned chili. Brian and I are talking survival food. That means, shelf stable chili. Do you know of a shelf stable canned brand better then Wolf Brand? I’m all ears. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Lol. I’ll have to try Wolf brand! I use the bean free version of normal to make chili dog.....with a good dose of my homemade siriracha sauce.
I, of course, prefer homemade chili, but when I want a quick Frito Chili pie, I go with no bean Wolf brand. Take Fritos, top with chili, cheese, raw white onions, and hot sauce. It will stick to your ribs (and gut and butt :) )

Top Bottom