What's new

Rumor: Razorock NEW slant razor design soon to be released! (Can anybody confirm?)

Razorock NEW slant razor design soon to be released and it said to be the replacement of the Wunderbar
anybody know anything about it?

Whenever I go on their website they say that they’re sold out but are going to be at least 6 months apparently before they are stocked up again. And I don’t remember seeing anything about that in an email or anything. Unless I overlooked that and wasn’t paying super close attention. But now that I stopped and looked somebody else had posted back in December that they had talked to IB and they apparently said that they had stopped making the Wunderbar until after they had come out with a new slant razor that they are apparently designing. And after its release will reevaluate whether to keep producing the Wunderbar, or if this new one they are designing will be the replacement with multiple base plates.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I was tracking that for a while. Michael told me that they had some supply-chain holdups (big surprise).

Haven't looked too hard lately but I have been keeping one eye open for some kind of announcement, either in my email or here.

O.H.

Reactions: Kix

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock NEW slant razor design soon to be released and it said to be the replacement of the Wunderbar
anybody know anything about it?
Just contact them, tell them you are interested in buying a slant soon and they usually are up front about this concern.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
As stated above, their Instagram.

For comparison, Wunderbar and DSCosmetic DS-XT.

PSX_20211218_105314.jpg

The bent of the prototype shown on Instagram inside the head is much more pronounced than for either of these.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
As stated above, their Instagram.

For comparison, Wunderbar and DSCosmetic DS-XT.

View attachment 1497604

The bent of the prototype shown on Instagram inside the head is much more pronounced than for either of these.
Now that is one different lookin slant razor Razorock is dreaming(designing) up, they more than likely are using a few of those razors for testing and will see them in the months ahead I'm thinking. I wunder how smooth & efficient that razor will function and what will they name it? I like the looks so far of this proto type! If they can have different plates for efficiency it will do all right possibly. Italian barber are razor innovators and keep folks interested and have reasonable prices on their other shaving needs also. Slant razor enthusiasts will want to try this one I'm thinking!

hmm
I don't use Instagram but maybe I should start using it🤣.

It's already been over 6 months since I inquired about wunderbar's restock request earlier this year and was told that they were coming out with a new slant and couldn't make it now and didn't know if they would in the future... time flies!
Fortunately, I bought wunderbar from a friend, and I love it, even though it betrays me sometimes.

Looking at the head, it looks like it will be a little smaller, maybe easier to get under the nose. What I don't like is that there will be multiple plates available. I'm a little uncomfortable with so many options for the same thing (that's what I don't like about karve cb and Rockwell).
For some reason it makes me want to buy them all!

But I bet I'll want them when they are released.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I don't use Instagram but maybe I should start using it🤣.
I don't it either, in fact I rather hate it. I liked the lengthy discussions I had on Google+... this is gone and Insta thrives. It's a pure butt photo show... and in my case, I am looking at razors. Interaction there is very sparse. I don't like TikTok either.

But you don't even need the app. I created an account and just look it up in the browser. If anything interesting happens people usually point me there.

I was about to make a separate thread and found this. Does anyone have any update regarding these new slants? I’d be very interested to pick one up if they become available in the near future. Never used a slant before but I’m intrigued. I was thinking of picking up a 37C but if I could get one of these for around the same price I would prefer that.

"Extremely limited quantities..."? That's crap. This isn't machining like Rocnel or even Rex.

I'd like one, but I don't know that I'm up for checkingcheckingchecking in the hopes of finding one in stock, much less a full set of cap & base plates.

Reactions: HQX
Top Bottom