What's new

Rule Of Thumb For Aftershave Use

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
How much is to much? I've been using my aftershave samples quite a lot lately and trying to rotate them just like I do my soaps. With my splashes, I usually just put five drops into the palm of my hand a rub my hands together a little bit and rub them on my neck and face. With the sprays, I might spray on each cheek and neck. Sometimes I spay 3 spritzes into my hand then rub my hands together and apply to face and neck. I'm curious to see what you guys are doing.

I use a little more than 5 drops. Some of my bottles don't have the dropper opening. Rub hands and then face and neck. Nobody wants to smell like a fragrance department but also I like it to be somewhat noticeable if anybody gets near. I also sometimes rub the tops of my hands after. Just trying to get the most bang for my buck. With time you will notice which a s last longer. If you get a chance try Sterling barbershop or razorock santa Maria . To me those are to be used lightly. Good luck

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
While aftershaves smell nice, none of them are so potent in scent to worry about. God created your hand, to cup just the right amount of aftershave in your palm, to give your face the perfect "after the shave" treatment.

I don't over think it, I just pour, rub and enjoy! :)

I keep my most-used AS in small spray bottles like that one.
I'll usually use 5 or 6 spritzes, or more, if it's a kind that is easy and/or inexpensive to replace.
Half of the spritzes go directly onto my neck, the rest are applied indirectly with my left hand.

I do not understand the practice of rubbing your hands together before rubbing the AS onto your face, because then half of it is wasted.
Is it just an advertising gimmick to trick you into using up more product?
They do that for toothpaste.
example:
proxy.php

recommended:
proxy.php

While aftershaves smell nice, none of them are so potent in scent to worry about. God created your hand, to cup just the right amount of aftershave in your palm, to give your face the perfect "after the shave" treatment.

I dunno, Brut and Cool Wave I've been accused of over doing. But for most of them it is hard to apply too much.

+1 to this. Normally I just lightly cup my hand and dash in enough AS to fill about a nickle’s diameter. Usually enough for my face, jaw/neck, and wrists.

I do have to Fine samples in little glass spritz bottles though, that I like the area coverage on, optimizing product use. But it’s a trade off as it’s just not the same as doing it by hand.

+1 to this. Normally I just lightly cup my hand and dash in enough AS to fill about a nickle’s diameter. Usually enough for my face, jaw/neck, and wrists.

I do have to Fine samples in little glass spritz bottles though, that I like the area coverage on, optimizing product use. But it’s a trade off as it’s just not the same as doing it by hand.

+2 no over thinking it for me, just a nickels worth in a cupped palm and a few rubs of the palm together and away I go!

I shake aftershave into my cupped hand till it gets below the bottom of my thumb. Then, I crush and rub those scent molecules all over my face with both hands.

That's me as well!

Pour a lil Polo green AS in my hand, clap and slap it on..I run the excess (if any) thru my hair after rubbing my face and neck...and I'm good!

i’m in the camp that a little goes a long way. in fact, i’ll slightly wet my skin and then apply which sort of dilutes the AS. nickel size at first and if i feel i need a bit more after applying, i’ll add a dimes worth. i dont have any sprays.

I just pour some out in my cupped hand, usually about a teaspoon or two, rub hands together for a second, then apply to the face and neck. I never liked using the spray aftershaves. I always end up spraying aftershave in my eyes!

I just pour some out in my cupped hand, usually about a teaspoon or two, rub hands together for a second, then apply to the face and neck. I never liked using the spray aftershaves. I always end up spraying aftershave in my eyes!
Same. No need to be stingy with drops.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I pour lotion into a cupped hand, then pour one hand into the other (not rub them together), before bringing the hands to the face. I use more lotion than I would balm. With balm, an almond sized amount is plenty, but with lotion (splash) I tend to be more generous.

+2! Works for me too! Don’t overthink this!

I go heavy on it, by the time I get to work, it's usually gone and the scent will be there for an hour maybe off and on. I have no issue using more then I need.

^^^
This right here!! :a17:

I do not understand the practice of rubbing your hands together before rubbing the AS onto your face, because then half of it is wasted.
Is it just an advertising gimmick to trick you into using up more product?

Well, your face has two halves, so if you pour aftershave on only one hand, half of your face might miss getting any product because you'll probably spill it out of your hand on the way.

Top Bottom