What's new

Ruh roh

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You got that right. I'm sure a lot of people don't know what the 1% patch means (1% that don't fit) and the 13 patch (13th letter of the alphabet...M for marijuana). The colors have caused more than one killing, whether over territory or being a rival club.

I kind of figured the Mongols would show up at the White Elephant Saloon. I believe the most famous gunfight at its original location was the one between Luke Short and Jim Courtright. What is kinda funny is that Courtright was the "father" of the Ft. Worth P.D., but when he was LE in Ft. Worth he ran a protection racket extorting money from local businesses. At least FWPD has evolved into a great department now.

Jim Courtright (gunman) - Wikipedia

Oh I really like that...that's my kind of Hog instead of an Electra Glide or something.
Yep, it’s an 83 Superglide. Weighed about 570 lbs from the factory- easy to whip around. The vibes from the solid mounted engine could make your hands go numb after a bit, but it was a fun ride. It was no crotch rocket, but I surprised my share of guys coming off the line.

I ride most of the time either solo to work or two up with the wife. I do a charity run a couple times a year, it seems like there are less people each time. I see some MC members on the rides, but they are generally closer to the 1% of nicest bikers than the 1% that are hell raisers. Mostly weekend warrior bikers I would wager.

I ride a BMW so I really stick out like a sore thumb at most motorcycle events.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I ride a BMW so I really stick out like a sore thumb at most motorcycle events.

:lol:

I bet you sometimes get something like "I'd rather push my Harley than ride a kraut dog." or something.

I saw where the Bandidos prez. and vice prez. got life last month. If I remember correctly the HA guy that was recruiting in Texas was not a real member of the Hell's Angels, but a want-a-be. Got him killed anyway.

Bandidos biker gang president sentenced to life in prison

:lol:

I bet you sometimes get something like "I'd rather push my Harley than ride a kraut dog." or something.

They don't say anything to my face, but I can tell by their looks that they massively disapprove. So you know they are talking crap behind my back.

I personally don't look down on anyone riding anything with two wheels, from bicycles to scooters to touring bikes. We are all in this together, especially when it comes to laws being passed.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
We had a lot of biker goings on here through the 1990's. All of the members of the Outlaws MC up the street from me at the time were really good guys.

I was at the clubhouse one night in November and a house fire started down the street from them. We all went down and the woman that lived there was out front without a coat. A good friend of mine took his heavy shirt off, gave it to her and stayed with her until the FD got there. As far as I know, she still has it.

Just because some wear patches doesnt make them bad guys. Some are, but in my experience as long as you're not involved in any club business and stay out of it, most I've met are good people and would help anyone in need.

Thats not to say the other side of the coin doesnt make an appearance sometimes. The Bandidos didnt fare very well around here.

Timeline of the Bandidos massacre | CBC News

Shedden massacre - Wikipedia

Few years ago there were about 20 Harleys in the gas station we fill up at. Every one was owned by a Bandido. Scary bunch of men, and women.

One of these days I’m going to buy a Harley. But I’m not going to join a gang. What am I...some immature adolescent with a mental disorder?
They don't say anything to my face, but I can tell by their looks that they massively disapprove. So you know they are talking crap behind my back.

I personally don't look down on anyone riding anything with two wheels, from bicycles to scooters to touring bikes. We are all in this together, especially when it comes to laws being passed.
Ha Ha they are jealous, believe me.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The two stroke Yamaha MX 250 is calling my name though...I used to have a two stroke Kawasaki Mach III 500 that was a crotch rocket. What the heck...you only live twice.

I use to race a Honda CR250 in 1983-1984.

1983 CR 250.jpg

Of all the bikes I've ridden I think I miss it the most. I've been thinking about a restored CR500, but going over the bars at 50 is a lot worse than going over the bars at 20 lol.

I do like 2 strokes though. I rode a Suzuki RG500 Gamma quite a bit and my brother in law had an old Kawasaki triple 750 2 stroke. The Gamma is still the most intense and terrifying motorcycle I've ever ridden. You better have a hold of it when that power band hits lol.

We used to live near Hollister California and every year there was a big, well organized rally attended by recreationalists like me and several OMCs, Jokers (local), Angels, Bandidos, Mongols.... Everyone always got along fine and had a good time. That was a great weekend. It was a tribute to The Wild One which was filmed there.

Top Bottom