What's new

Ruh roh

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Saw this on the tv news tonight.

Due to possible rally by Mongols motorcycle gang, police to beef up Stockyards presence

But, the tv news also said the Bandidos were going to be there and also said the Mongols were in the Waco biker shootings. It was the Cossacks and Bandidos in Waco from what I understand so the tv news may have gotten bad information.

Which ever way...it's not going to be good for tourism. We have a small chapter of the Cossacks here, don't know of any problems from them around town.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
That's the 1st time I ever read anything a motorcycle gang. But that member from Texas can read stuff like this.

Saw this on the tv news tonight.

Due to possible rally by Mongols motorcycle gang, police to beef up Stockyards presence

But, the tv news also said the Bandidos were going to be there and also said the Mongols were in the Waco biker shootings. It was the Cossacks and Bandidos in Waco from what I understand so the tv news may have gotten bad information.

Which ever way...it's not going to be good for tourism. We have a small chapter of the Cossacks here, don't know of any problems from them around town.

We’ve noticed a large uptick the last few years of both MC and OMC. Things are brewing.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That's the 1st time I ever read anything a motorcycle gang. But that member from Texas can read stuff like this.

It will be interesting to see if any of the Mongols are wearing a TEXAS bottom rocker on their colors. I've heard that the Mongols are starting chapters in this state.

That would not be good...that was the Bandidos beef with the Cossacks...they started wearing the Texas rocker and quite paying dues to the Bandidos to do it. Bandidos pretty much claim Texas. Even the Hell's Angels don't come here unless they clear it with the Bandidos...common courtesy ya know. That's at least the way I understand it.

How do I know this? There is this one uncle I have....

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
We’ve noticed a large uptick the last few years of both MC and OMC. Things are brewing.

And that's not just lately. Several years ago I was on a route that the Feds. asked to observe for the Bandidos travel. The local LE reported the time and date the group passed through the area. But the MC clubs are fully aware of that.

I have been to two rally’s where HA and Mongols were vying for territory. One music event/rally was shut down after the first day because of open threats. The other event & rally continued, but event officials brought in over a hundred LE officers from neighboring agencies to quell any potential violence.

We have three primary OMC’s in my area, Gypsy Jokers, Brother Speed and Mongols. I have left a few community motorcycle events where they have turned out as a show of dominance. I like to ride and do not want any part of this nonsense.

Like with the Mafia, it is impossible to predict what will happen. One on one, they are fine. In a group, bad things can happen quickly and without warning.

Meth, guns and bikes/cars. The dynamic between gangs is pretty interesting. I was indirectly involved with a Mafia money laundering scheme when I was in college. It was pretty intricate. It involved a pizza place, a clothing store, a radio station and large quantities of heroin and cash.

We have a pretty cool place near here along a river, a couple of beer bars, a couple of stages for live music, etc. ... a nice place to ride to on a weekend afternoon. It's a big outdoor place where everything surrounds a central parking area of usually a hundred or more bikes. Most of the regulars are families, Wild Hog types, and wannabe minor clubs. There are no 1%ers around. Wild times are when some ole drunk chick takes off her top or some fool staggers into the river and has to be pulled out. Everybody has a good time and gets along. I'm sure if you want trouble, you could get some, but I've never seen any. I've honestly seem more trouble at Applebee's.

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were there on a Sunday afternoon. Everyone was enjoying the day when 12-15 Outlaws come riding in and acted like they wanted everyone to bow down because an OMC was there. They were ignored because nobody cared. I just happen to be looking their way when one of them got a call, whispered in what seemed to be the honcho's ear, and everyone jumped into a frenzy. They all got on their bikes and tore out, and then all us regulars went on back about our afternoon.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Looks like things went fine...guess they were on a goodwill mission. Ft. Worth paper only showed a pic. of the Florida rocker on one of the colors. I was wondering about the Texas rocker.

Who are the Mongols anyway? Here’s what the biker club says about being in Fort Worth

The Rouges club was the biggest one in Tulsa when I lived there, along with a few Mongols. I used to go to a Rouges biker bar, the Anchor, and one time I went in someone had been on the receiving end of a shotgun blast in the parking lot out back. I always went in the back door by the parking lot...oops. I never had a bit of trouble in there though. If you didn't cause them any problems they didn't cause you any problems.

If the Mongols are starting chapters here I do believe it's only a matter of time. Bandidos are probably trying to keep a low profile since Waco. I also haven't seen much of the few Cossacks around here in awhile.

I kind of figured they would go to the White Elephant...it was "the" place when it was in its original location in the 1800s. The name was taken for a tourist attraction when it went to the stockyards and it has nothing to due with the original saloon. There was a pretty famous gunfight at the White Elephant's original location.

http://www.historynet.com/fort-worths-wild-white-elephant-saloon.htm

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
One of these days I’m going to buy a Harley. But I’m not going to join a gang. What am I...some immature adolescent with a mental disorder?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
One of these days I’m going to buy a Harley. But I’m not going to join a gang. What am I...some immature adolescent with a mental disorder?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My son-in-law has a 1200. Not the chopper kind, the one with the hard saddlebags, crash bars, floorboards, windshield, and radio...along with two-way radios in the helmets to talk to step-daughter. Touring bike. He and step-daughter both have the leather vests and chaps, and SIL was in a little "club" until he had a falling out with one of the members. Wasn't a 1%er club though. Step-daughter also had a 1200 but without the windshield and stuff that she asked if I wanted to buy last year. I have no desire to get a Harley anymore, if I did I'd get a Sportster 883.

If I get another motorcycle I'm looking at a dual purpose Honda 450 that I could ride the 20 miles to town and also play with in the pasture. Also looking at the Yamaha MX 250 but I couldn't ride that one to town and I'd probably break something important in my body if I got an MX bike now. I probably should stick to a horse, although I've had some serious hurt put on me from horses.

She sold her 1200. She was riding biatch with son-in-law last year when he layed it down when a car pulled out in front of him and she wasn't wearing a helmet...she almost detached an eye retina..she looked terrible for awhile and had many doctor visits. With all the motorcycle wrecks I've had I guess I've been very lucky especially since I almost never wore a helmet. The two stroke Yamaha MX 250 is calling my name though...I used to have a two stroke Kawasaki Mach III 500 that was a crotch rocket. What the heck...you only live twice.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’m not opposed to a club actually. I’m just not in to the tattoos, leather, puffing my chest out, narrow eyes, criminal stuff. A nice biker club is ideal for me. My dad had a 1200 Harley back in the 80’s. I think it was a Fatboy?? Or a Softtail? He also had a trike. One of the long body types. Those were the days!

You are no longer an adolescent.

Touché!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I miss my Shovelhead
25D34379-461A-4D84-BC15-6B0F61614CB7.jpeg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My son-in-law has a 1200. Not the chopper kind, the one with the hard saddlebags, crash bars, floorboards, windshield, and radio...along with two-way radios in the helmets to talk to step-daughter. Touring bike. He and step-daughter both have the leather vests and chaps, and SIL was in a little "club" until he had a falling out with one of the members. Wasn't a 1%er club though. Step-daughter also had a 1200 but without the windshield and stuff that she asked if I wanted to buy last year. I have no desire to get a Harley anymore, if I did I'd get a Sportster 883.

If I get another motorcycle I'm looking at a dual purpose Honda 450 that I could ride the 20 miles to town and also play with in the pasture. Also looking at the Yamaha MX 250 but I couldn't ride that one to town and I'd probably break something important in my body if I got an MX bike now. I probably should stick to a horse, although I've had some serious hurt put on me from horses.

She sold her 1200. She was riding biatch with son-in-law last year when he layed it down when a car pulled out in front of him and she wasn't wearing a helmet...she almost detached an eye retina..she looked terrible for awhile and had many doctor visits. With all the motorcycle wrecks I've had I guess I've been very lucky especially since I almost never wore a helmet. The two stroke Yamaha MX 250 is calling my name though...I used to have a two stroke Kawasaki Mach III 500 that was a crotch rocket. What the heck...you only live twice.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Go for it. My grandfather bought his first Harley (electra glide) when he was well into his 50's. He was not in, nor did he join, a gang.

It will be interesting to see if any of the Mongols are wearing a TEXAS bottom rocker on their colors. I've heard that the Mongols are starting chapters in this state.

That would not be good...that was the Bandidos beef with the Cossacks...they started wearing the Texas rocker and quite paying dues to the Bandidos to do it. Bandidos pretty much claim Texas. Even the Hell's Angels don't come here unless they clear it with the Bandidos...common courtesy ya know. That's at least the way I understand it.

How do I know this? There is this one uncle I have....

State rockers and flying 3-piece patches on a cut have very deep meanings which those outside of the M/C community really do not understand.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
State rockers and flying 3-piece patches on a cut have very deep meanings which those outside of the M/C community really do not understand.

You got that right. I'm sure a lot of people don't know what the 1% patch means (1% that don't fit) and the 13 patch (13th letter of the alphabet...M for marijuana). The colors have caused more than one killing, whether over territory or being a rival club.

I kind of figured the Mongols would show up at the White Elephant Saloon. I believe the most famous gunfight at its original location was the one between Luke Short and Jim Courtright. What is kinda funny is that Courtright was the "father" of the Ft. Worth P.D., but when he was LE in Ft. Worth he ran a protection racket extorting money from local businesses. At least FWPD has evolved into a great department now.

Jim Courtright (gunman) - Wikipedia

Oh I really like that...that's my kind of Hog instead of an Electra Glide or something.

Top Bottom