What's new

Ruger Wrangler

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Does anyone have one? If so are they a fun plinking pistol? I have seen them for under $200. I know they are bear bones plain jane, but hey its still a Ruger.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I don't have one, but if they are anywhere near as nice as the Single Six, it should be great. Mine was stolen 35+ years ago, but I remember it as a great feeling & shooting gun.
Personally, I'm looking at a Mark IV Standard for a plinker.

My wife and I both have one, and they are great plinkers. Not as nice as a single six, but given the price and availability there’s no reason not to get one. I have a fair amount of .22 ammo, and given the current situation I figured a single action revolver was a good way to stretch out my supply until prices come back down(that’s how I justified buying this gun anyways). I have a lot of fun shooting mine.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I picked one up last year. I haven't shot it much (didn't do much shooting at all), but I really like it.

Not bad looking. I wonder if it comes with a magnum cylinder? I have a Heritage Rough Rider .22 that came with a LR and Mag cylinder. It is no beauty. It is nothing special. But it is great for a beater in the truck, atv box, dragging through the brush. Dropping in the pond when fishing LOL. It was around $150 new. For the extra $40 bucks, I would have gotten the ruger...if it did exist back then or I knew it did.

I have been thinking about one as well. They are pretty plentiful in the shops around here, going for $189.

Not bad looking. I wonder if it comes with a magnum cylinder? I have a Heritage Rough Rider .22 that came with a LR and Mag cylinder. It is no beauty. It is nothing special. But it is great for a beater in the truck, atv box, dragging through the brush. Dropping in the pond when fishing LOL. It was around $150 new. For the extra $40 bucks, I would have gotten the ruger...if it did exist back then or I knew it did.
I have a RR too. Perfect beater gun. I use it trapping. It gets submerged, muddy and even frozen. Spray it down with a ton of wd40, let it drain overnight and it’s fine the next day. Stuff I’d never do to any other gun!

I have a RR too. Perfect beater gun. I use it trapping. It gets submerged, muddy and even frozen. Spray it down with a ton of wd40, let it drain overnight and it’s fine the next day. Stuff I’d never do to any other gun!
My barrel kept coming lose. started when I was trying to tweak the front sight a bit. So I JB welded it in lol. Has not come lose since.

Have been seriously considering one of those. Were they made by anyone other than Ruger I would not even consider it.
The Wrangler is made out of an alloy (some liken it to Zamak) and that bothers me kind of....not that it should. I can see one in the safe perhaps in the future.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Have been seriously considering one of those. Were they made by anyone other than Ruger I would not even consider it.
The Wrangler is made out of an alloy (some liken it to Zamak) and that bothers me kind of....not that it should. I can see one in the safe perhaps in the future.

I have heard this. If accurate, It might bother me with a more powerful center fired cartridge, but .22 LR? No stress on that frame at all. :)

I have heard this. If accurate, It might bother me with a more powerful center fired cartridge, but .22 LR? No stress on that frame at all. :)
Yeah the frame is an aluminum alloy, the barrel and cylinder are steel though. The trigger and hammer are stainless I believe.

The alloy frame is what makes them illegal to own here in Minnesota. According to the state geniuses, the frames on the Wrangler have too low of a melting point.

It's a law dating back to 1975 that was passed to limit the sale of "Saturday night specials"
Prohibited:
Handguns (other than antique firearms) where the frame, barrel, cylinder, slide or breech-lock is composed of any material with a melting point of less than 1,000 degrees F, or an ultimate tensile strength of less than 55,000 psi, or comprised of any powdered metal having a density of less than 7.5 grams/cubic centimeter.

It's a law dating back to 1975 that was passed to limit the sale of "Saturday night specials"
Prohibited:
Handguns (other than antique firearms) where the frame, barrel, cylinder, slide or breech-lock is composed of any material with a melting point of less than 1,000 degrees F, or an ultimate tensile strength of less than 55,000 psi, or comprised of any powdered metal having a density of less than 7.5 grams/cubic centimeter.
wow

Top Bottom