What's new

Rudy Vey Surplus Handles for sale!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
From time to time I sell off the "orphans" left in the shop...Handles I had made, but they never ended up in a brush. Sometimes I make a couple of identical handles of the same model, and use only one.
Here is the last batch, all have the logo engraved at the bottom.

From the left in the large picture (below are some closer shots):

A "three-band" handle, made from faux ivory and exhibition grade Black Ash Burl, Height is 63 mm, the hole diameter is 30 mm and the depth is 11 mm, but could be drilled a bit deeper. $45

Then there comes a Chubby in "Black Knight" material, height is approx 44 mm, the hole is drilled to a depth of 16 mm and the diameter is 24 mm. $30 - SOLD

The Persian Jar that follows has quite some voluptuous curves, height is 58 mm, the knot hole is 24 mm wide and 16 mm deep. $30

Last but not least, a rendition of the Vulfix 41, also 44 mm high, hole is 21 mm in diameter and 21 mm deep. $25 SOLD

All price include shipping in CONUS with First Class, contact me for international shipping.

Attachments

• $IMG_2910.jpg
    $IMG_2910.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 661
  • $IMG_2911.jpg
    $IMG_2911.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 655
  • $IMG_2912.jpg
    $IMG_2912.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 658
Last edited:
Man that three band handle is super nice. If I wasn't in the process of setting my knots in my brushes right now I would buy that. Always nice to see your work Rudy, definitely inspiring :) .

Rudy Vey

Willing to bet it's the Memorial brush he made for the auction

You are right, and it went for $400. The two other brushes I donated or made, the Prototype for the 2011 LE (my second donation) ran even up to $1100 and one guy is bidding $750 for the #1 brush of the 2011 LE brushes....guess who this is?
So, three of RV brushes are getting auctioned off for a grand total of $2250 - which makes me very proud to be a supporter for this good cause in my friend Sue's name!!

Congratulations! Your brushes are wonderful and I'm glad the site could recognize that even more and raise money for such a good cause at the same time.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
You are right, and it went for $400. The two other brushes I donated or made, the Prototype for the 2011 LE (my second donation) ran even up to $1100 and one guy is bidding $750 for the #1 brush of the 2011 LE brushes....guess who this is?
So, three of RV brushes are getting auctioned off for a grand total of $2250 - which makes me very proud to be a supporter for this good cause in my friend Sue's name!!

Rudy, it was a pleasure to make that bid (raising my own bid) on the #1 brush. Now my #42 has a big brother to hang out with.

I thought for sure the Sue Moore Memorial Brush would go for more.

Rudy Vey

The "Three Band" handle is the only one still available. All the others have been sold. BTW, this handle cold drilled a bit deeper to get a shorter loft.

Top Bottom