What's new

Rudy Vey Special

Back in 2012, Rudy Vey made an LE brush with a Keyhole handle. That became one of my favorite brushes. It had a D01 two-band Shavemac Knot. As time went on I began to like brushes with a larger knot size.

Recently, I asked Rudy to make me a brush with the Keyhole handle but with a 28 mm two-band silvertip knot. I just went to the mailbox to get the new brush and this is what it looks like by itself and next to its smaller sister.

The brush is very dense – just the way I like it – but soft to the touch.

I got the brush too late for today’s shave but will take it out Friday.

Keyhole 1.jpg
Keyhole top.jpg
Keyholes.jpg

Wow that’s a great brush. I love the picture with both of your RV Keyhole brushes, it really shows the dimensional differences.

I wish you the best of luck with your new brush. Looking forward to reading about the maiden voyage tomorrow.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Back in 2012, Rudy Vey made an LE brush with a Keyhole handle. That became one of my favorite brushes. It had a D01 two-band Shavemac Knot. As time went on I began to like brushes with a larger knot size.

Recently, I asked Rudy to make me a brush with the Keyhole handle but with a 28 mm two-band silvertip knot. I just went to the mailbox to get the new brush and this is what it looks like by itself and next to its smaller sister.

The brush is very dense – just the way I like it – but soft to the touch.

I got the brush too late for today’s shave but will take it out Friday.

View attachment 1341444View attachment 1341445View attachment 1341446
Very nice!

You can't beat a Rudy brush. Years back, when I liked really small brushes, he did a custom 16mm brush for me. Last year, he replaced a 24mm 3-band Rooney knot in a 1/2 handle with a 2-band Shavemac. That brush now performs better than my 3 Thaters.

That is a beautiful brush, I love RV brushes and I think that the Shavemac 2 band Silvertip is one of the best knots out there.

Top Bottom