Rudy Vey has been a member of Badger and Blade since March 19, 2009
01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?
I think I found B&B 2008 or 2009, was looking for some info on shaving brushes, liked the forum and signed up for it.
02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?
I work as a scientist for a huge chemical company - BASF - specializing in surface treatment
03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?
I was born in Germany and like the Black Forest area the best
04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?
Riding mainly, have a horse and try to spend a few days riding it.
06. What do you like best about being a member of Badger and blade?
B&B is still the #1 forum for shaving, having so many members all over the world makes it interesting discussing shaving related questions
07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
I have no idea who I would chose...
08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?
visiting New Zealand
09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?
worked 50 years for the same company
10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?
take it easy, relax and think before you speak your mind..
11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?
12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?
probably a dog or horse, but I normally do not think along these lines
13. What kind of music do you like?
classic rock, but I also like classical music
14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?
15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?
A life in Lather, or Don't brush me off....
Proprietor, Rudy Vey Creating shaving brushes, razors and writing instruments that are beyond ordinary is our goal. Each item is uniquely hand crafted by us personally, no two are exactly alike. We take pride in our work and enjoy knowing our customers use the products on a daily basis. Let us...
Rudy has always struck me as the sort of member who "walks softly and carries a big ... brush". He's just a good member here who upholds and exemplifies the "gentlemanly ethos" at the heart of B&B, rather than being a walking billboard for a brushmaking business.
And yes, he makes darned fine shaving brushes (says the guy who owns several.)