What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Jim, thanks. Yes, that's my favorite knot. My daily driver for going on five years is the Edwin Jagger XL version, but I wanted a curvier, prettier handle. I use almost nothing but these Mühle synthetic knots (my travel brush is the 23mm). Rudy did a great job on this handle. I wanted a cross between an Emillion and a curvy PJ, and this is it.
The Muhle syn is my travel brush and I have a Rudy Vey with the same knot.

Thanks, guys. The brush is in. I have lathered it up already, of course. I am struck by how much my EJ has bloomed over the years. The last thumbnail is a shot of both brushes after rinsing. Looking forward to thousands of great shaves with this new one from Rudy.

20180607_120516.jpg 20180607_120939.jpg 20180607_121028.jpg 20180607_121213.jpg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Guys, I am on vacation visiting family in hot, hot, hotter Arizona, so a reply to a pm or an email may take a little longer than normal.

Rudy Vey

Have fun, Rudy. You picked a hot week to visit. Next week it is supposed to get cooler.
Yes, it is truly hot, but I like it better what we had on the east coast for the last month or so, hot and extremely humid.

Rudy Vey

Received a new batch of the two-band Manchurian Whites yesterday. They are excellent quality, a must-try.

Rudy Vey

What sizes and shapes are these available in?
20-28 mm knots, they will be about 1-2 mm larger at exit from the handle.
I stock only fan shape, but have two short lofted knots, 20 and 26 mm, in bulb shape on hand.

Rudy Vey

Check out my donations for the Sue Moore auction, lot 47, 48 and 49.
As always, my "Remembering Sue" brush in pink, and two more. One is the Blue/green strip Moonjava with a Plissoft fan shaped knot and a "real" faux ivory brush with a Muehle Black Fiber - perfect travel brush.
The pink brush this year has a "Motherlode" knot, which is huge....good 28 mm and superbly soft.

Very nice! That is such a Shavemac-like knot. How does it feel on the face? I'd like to see a post-bloom pic when you have a chance please.

Rudy, just wanted to let you know that I had two brushes restored a few years ago. One big expensive one by Simpsons-Vulfix, the other a no-name travel brush that you put the only two band finest that could fit (the smallest).

Long story short, the travel brush has become my daily brush--for 3 years going. Thanks!

Rudy Vey

Rudy, just wanted to let you know that I had two brushes restored a few years ago. One big expensive one by Simpsons-Vulfix, the other a no-name travel brush that you put the only two band finest that could fit (the smallest).

Long story short, the travel brush has become my daily brush--for 3 years going. Thanks!
Great news!!

Top Bottom