What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I just got back from the Post Office from where I shipped a package to Canada.
I was shocked to see the price for the first class package has gone up to well over $15!!
It used to be something like $8, then went up to $10 not even a year ago and now this.
Other shipping rates I checked for international shipping has also gone up drastically.
From February 1st on, I have to introduce fixed rates for shipping, sorry, but the cost for the USPS, as well as boxes and labels are going up.
Here is what the rates will be:
Canada: First Class $17
other International: $25

For the USA, I can offer either First Class mail (up to 13 oz), or priority mail - both have gone up drastically as well - I will quote you based on where you are located and weight.

I just got back from the Post Office from where I shipped a package to Canada.
I was shocked to see the price for the first class package has gone up to well over $15!!
It used to be something like $8, then went up to $10 not even a year ago and now this.
Other shipping rates I checked for international shipping has also gone up drastically.
From February 1st on, I have to introduce fixed rates for shipping, sorry, but the cost for the USPS, as well as boxes and labels are going up.
Here is what the rates will be:
Canada: First Class $17
other International: $25

For the USA, I can offer either First Class mail (up to 13 oz), or priority mail - both have gone up drastically as well - I will quote you based on where you are located and weight.

One other change the USPS made is that now you can ship packages up to 15.99 ounces via 1st Class. This isn't a huge improvement, but I have shipped a few packages that were just over 13 oz which doubled my cost.

This RV shaving logo looks way nicer than the one you had previously. What was the name of the fellow that created the new RV shaving logo?

Rudy Vey

In the contributors forum is an offering for a brush group buy. Check it out!!

Rudy Vey

There are quite a number of the Group Buy brushes available, so go and get one.

$IMG_3128.jpg
$DSC_0972.jpg
Received these 2 beauties yesterday in the mail and they are phenomenal!

Rudy Vey

Just posted some pictures about the Group buy brushes in the Shaving Brush forum - casting the resins.

Well, Mr. Vey did it again! I sent him the first brush that I ever bought and asked him to duplicate it in a bigger version and transplant the TGN Silvertip knot.

I also finally gave in to my Shavemac 2-band dream and Rudy made a Rover style brush in buffalo horn (inspired by another member's brush from several hundred posts ago). I used it for the first time this morning, and it did not disappoint.

A few photos. The old and new handles, two shots of the replacement and new Rover, and a group shot with a Chubby with a TGN Silvertip that I bought from Rudy around a year ago. Having sold off my other brushes, I'm 100 percent Rudy Vey now (except for a Whipped Dog synthetic that I only use for travel, so that doesn't really count.

View attachment 638754$RV - Both Brushes.jpgView attachment 638756View attachment 638757

Rudy isn't just a master craftsman, he's a very patient man who offers great guidance and service as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a custom brush.

Rudy Vey

Some handles I made and have for sale.
From the left (diameter of hole/depth of hole):
1. Simpson P8 rendition in dark amber butterscotch (25/15) $25
2. Duke variant in dark coral (26/17) $ 35
3. Chubby in Jade (25/13) $30
4. Bee-hived AS3M variant in dark coral (25/13) $35

Shipping extra (CONUS with first class is approx $5; Canada $17; international $25)

As always, first come, first serve.

Attachments

• $IMG_3183.jpg
    $IMG_3183.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 364
Top Bottom