What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Received my custom finest badger hair and Boxelder Burl wood brush also with my initials engraved in the bottom. What a nice brush! Came with great packaging and an Arko Shaving soap stick. This truly is fine quality and American made.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Update on the 2012 LE!
I have received the handles back from the engraver and started to set knots in. First will be the Shavemac knotted brushes and I have shipped already the first 30 brushes out. Hope to finish up on the Shavemac's tomorrow. Then the next week I am traveling for my job out of the country. The TGN knots will be set next weekend and ship then afterwards.

The top picture shows the last of the Shavemac's, the bottom the waiting next 50 handles for TGN knots.

Attachments

• $IMG_3503.jpg
    $IMG_3503.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,551
  • $IMG_3504.jpg
    $IMG_3504.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,601
Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Update:
all the Shavemac knotted brushes are in the mail!! Yesterday I also started setting the knots in the brushes that will sport a TGN knot. This morning I glued in another 20 knots. Hope to finish up the brushes on the coming weekend and ship them.
The shipping part so far has be a pain, paypal really drove me nuts over the weekend. I calculated that each shipment took me a good 6-7 minutes. I had to refresh paypal at least after each 3-4 shipment..."paypal shipping not available at this time"....never happened before, so I guess it had to do with their server.

I started a thread about this, but figured I would add in that I received my RV brush last week, and I really like it, the work is very well done and I would recommend one of the many styles to anyone interested in owing really nice brush that nobody else has.

Rudy Vey

Final update: all the TGN knots are set in, everything but nine are packed, 26 labeled already and go to the drop box of my PO tomorrow morning. Three to Canada will be shipped on Monday. Would have loved to pack them all, but ran out of packaging peanuts....Started yesterday at 9 am, and finished at around 5:30 - packing and shipping always takes forever. After I get some packaging material later today, the rest gets packed and shipping-labeled.

Just in time - closing on the house June 11. I was wondering if I was going to have to wait extra for the change of address to take effect delaying the brush. Looking forward to getting it in the next week or so!

Gives me time to find that perfect brush stand for it...

Just in time - closing on the house June 11. I was wondering if I was going to have to wait extra for the change of address to take effect delaying the brush. Looking forward to getting it in the next week or so!

Gives me time to find that perfect brush stand for it...
Congrats on the new house ... I'm waiting to close on mine, but the seller is having paperwork problems on her end to prove she is the Legal Owner.

I went through a scare with my brush when I moved out of my last place and forgot to update my PayPal address. It got sent to my old apartment, and the Landlord and I are not on speaking terms except through our attornies. I was afraid he would take the package and either sell it for cash or take it for personal use or trash it like he did with a lot of my other possessions and packages that were delivered there right before I moved out.

But luckily, Rudy sent it via USPS and I had a ChangeAddress order with them, and it went out for delivery and got re-routed at the front door.

I got it on Saturday, #33 with the DO1 knot, and used it Saturday night with some Irisch Moos cream and ASB ... it preformed brilliantly, WOW, what a brush!

... but then again, what else could one expect to come out of the RV studio?

Rudy Vey

Congrats on the new house ... I'm waiting to close on mine, but the seller is having paperwork problems on her end to prove she is the Legal Owner.

I went through a scare with my brush when I moved out of my last place and forgot to update my PayPal address. It got sent to my old apartment, and the Landlord and I are not on speaking terms except through our attornies. I was afraid he would take the package and either sell it for cash or take it for personal use or trash it like he did with a lot of my other possessions and packages that were delivered there right before I moved out.

But luckily, Rudy sent it via USPS and I had a ChangeAddress order with them, and it went out for delivery and got re-routed at the front door.

I got it on Saturday, #33 with the DO1 knot, and used it Saturday night with some Irisch Moos cream and ASB ... it preformed brilliantly, WOW, what a brush!

... but then again, what else could one expect to come out of the RV studio?

I guess one of the reasons I ship with USPS - not only is it cheaper than UPS/Fedex, but the idea of forwarding to a new address is great. I hope by now most of the US brushes have been received. Sorry, Canadians, looks like it always takes a bit longer to get to your homes than everywhere else in the world....Most of the Europeans have their brushes in hand by now (or in the hand of customs....). I was quite amazed how fast it went to Denmark and Sweden.

Got my TGN 76/100 today. Beautiful work & my first RV. Can't wait to try it in the morning. Beat the house closing by 26 days!

I also appreciated the Arko stick - my first shave stick. Always wanted to try it, but couldn't justify ordering just that off the 'net. Scent reminds me of my teen years when we lived in Izmir, Turkey. Barbershops and bath houses smelled like Arko.

Rudy Vey

Just to let you all know that we are on vacation from 27th of May through 5th of June. I have access to pm's and e-mails, and will answer all of them. There can be no brushes made and shipped during this time, however, I will gladly take orders.....:001_tongu

Rudy Vey

Joe from Shave-a-Buck gave me a whole case of Lea shaving cream. These are small tubes and are perfect for traveling. As long as they will last I include one with my shaving brushes! Used it this morning and it is a great shave cream!
Thanks Joe!

Rudy ... where can I buy the tubes that you included with the B&B LEs '11 & '12?

I'd like to get a dozen or so to encase my other brushes, so I can put them on display in identical casings ... since the plastic on those tubes is crystal clear, it makes it a much better display choice than the 2 translucent Muhle-Pinsel tubes I bought a few months ago. The M-P tubes are fine for travel, but I'm looking for a way to protect and showcase my brushes at home.

Thanks!

Rudy Vey

Rudy ... where can I buy the tubes that you included with the B&B LEs '11 & '12?

I'd like to get a dozen or so to encase my other brushes, so I can put them on display in identical casings ... since the plastic on those tubes is crystal clear, it makes it a much better display choice than the 2 translucent Muhle-Pinsel tubes I bought a few months ago. The M-P tubes are fine for travel, but I'm looking for a way to protect and showcase my brushes at home.

Thanks!

I plan on ordering tubes after I return from vacation. If someone is interested in these tubes as well, let me know and I will adjust my order.

I plan on ordering tubes after I return from vacation. If someone is interested in these tubes as well, let me know and I will adjust my order.

Rudy, I might be interested in purchasing some tubes. Could you or someone else post a picture?

Top Bottom