What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Just got this beauty today.
Brush.jpg

This wonderful @Rudy Vey Creation is in route:
View attachment 1106905
Emerald Green AS3M handle with a Mühle 25mm STF knot.

Thank you, Rudy! :)
David, that is a winner right there! I have the same handle and knot, only not together in the same set up. The AS3M handle feels great in the hand and the Muhle STF knot is the best synthetic I have ever tried. I think you will love it and it just looks classy too. Congrats!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David, that is a winner right there! I have the same handle and knot, only not together in the same set up. The AS3M handle feels great in the hand and the Muhle STF knot is the best synthetic I have ever tried. I think you will love it and it just looks classy too. Congrats!

Thank you, Thomas! :)

Next will be a 2-band with a butterscotch handle. Mulling over what shape handle now. Another AS3M? Maybe a Beehive? 🤔

I have a Shavemac D01 2 band incoming from Rudy in the next month or two and I too have to decide on a handle and color. Tough decisions, but a lot of fun!

I went with the three band with a fan shape based on Shavemac's hair quality rating. Slightly softer but less backbone than 2 band.
I agree - this is my first RV and I dont know where to start on the handle. Luckily got about 4 weeks to decide.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have a Shavemac D01 2 band incoming from Rudy in the next month or two and I too have to decide on a handle and color. Tough decisions, but a lot of fun!

I went with the three band with a fan shape based on Shavemac's hair quality rating. Slightly softer but less backbone than 2 band.
I agree - this is my first RV and I dont know where to start on the handle. Luckily got about 4 weeks to decide.

My RV brush (not set yet).640.7-28-20..png8-10-20.RV.D01.640.Brand.New.JPGRudyVey.Used.Once.Bloomed.640.JPG

Rudy's photo. My photo, brand new. My photo, used once, bloomed. I think Rudy's photo best captures the color.

This is a 26mm D01 two band in Rudy's beehive butterscotch. Just for your viewing pleasure of course.

Happy shopping and happy shaves,

Jim

Those are beauties! I see that The RV has two rings and The Hedley one. I really like the indented ring at the bottom of each. Can you tell us anything about the choice of handle shapes?

Those are beauties! I see that The RV has two rings and The Hedley one. I really like the indented ring at the bottom of each. Can you tell us anything about the choice of handle shapes?
Thank you.

The one on the left (faux ivory) is the handle of a brush Rudy says is his favorite brush. I don't know if that is due to the handle, knot or both. I suspect both. If Rudy likes the handle and brush, I thought I would as well.

The lime handle is one I saw in a very old post of Rudy's that I just liked the look (that brush was ebony, not lime). If you look closely, they are slightly different aside from the 1 vs 2 bands in the center. Each are great to hold and having a different knot in each makes them unique enough to own both.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
IMG_0085[1].JPG

Finally an overview of my cherished RV brushes (so far). Will try to take some better individual close-up shots in the near future...

1:00 position: Large black on lucent amber handle with a large probably 25 or 26 mm Manchurian hybrid shape knot
2:00: Vintage Stag brand butterscotch handle with a roughly 24-25 mm ShaveMac D-01 2-band knot
3:00: B&B group buy dual color handle with a ShaveMac 2-band Silvertip knot (I think)
4:00: Butterscotch M7 style handle with a D-01 2-band fan
5:00: Older B&B LE keyhole handle with a smaller D-01 2-band knot
7:00: Semogue 1305 knockoff handle with a ShaveMac finest knot (I think)
8:00: My 1st RV with a "Disco Chubby" handle and large diameter, low loft SMF bulb
9:00: RV refurbished my "PaPaw's" Ever-Ready 200T handle with a new, smallish british boar knot
10:00: Ebonite milkchurn style handle with an at least 25 mm D-01 2 band knot
11:00: Cobalt beehive handle with a large approx. 25 mm Muhle Silvertip fibre synthetic knot

Top Bottom