What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

So I meant to downsize my collection but of course I started looking at pictures of brushes and had to get "just one more". This one is a silvertip fan shape in a tulip handle with this cool blue and gold material. Extremely quick work by Rudy as well!

proxy.php

So I meant to downsize my collection but of course I started looking at pictures of brushes and had to get "just one more". This one is a silvertip fan shape in a tulip handle with this cool blue and gold material. Extremely quick work by Rudy as well!

proxy.php
Well, that was quick. Congrats on the beautiful brush!

One of Rudy's older works that I got. The R7

IMG_20191123_170530955~2.jpg

I think I would've liked this Shavemac Finest knot but it's a shedder now. I'll probably give it couple more go's and steam it out.

Yeah that knot was always a shedder unfortunately.

New brush arrived today. 3-band silvertip fan. This is a really good knot, slightly gel tipped! Not too floppy either. Seems like it will be an excellent performer. First time I've tried a tulip and it's a very comfortable handle.

Current collection of Rudy brushes:

proxy.php

Yeah that knot was always a shedder unfortunately.

New brush arrived today. 3-band silvertip fan. This is a really good knot, slightly gel tipped! Not too floppy either. Seems like it will be an excellent performer. First time I've tried a tulip and it's a very comfortable handle.

Current collection of Rudy brushes:

proxy.php
Wow! Those colours are mesmerizing! That tulip handle reminds me of a starry night. Great work from Rudy Vey!

Inaugural shave was excellent. Brush is a great performer with very soft tips and nice flow. I used my Georgetown scuttle, Arlington soap and lotion, and a DE89.

Highly recommended this knot. It would be fun to try one set even lower, like 42-44mm (this one is 24mm knot that measures 25mm at the handle and 47mm loft).

proxy.php

proxy.php

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Hi Rudy, can you please elaborate on this (even without naming companies, etc..).
Just very curious to know from your prospective.
In the first case they had sent me a great sample knot. When I did my order, the knots I got were not close to what the sample was, much less dense. Even the weight showed the difference. The second company I bought from was sending in several orders super quality knots; I even made a groupbuy with them once. Then the next order they were very scritchy, so I could only use one for someone who likes scritch. The problem is that you really cannot talk to someone in these companies, and it is always a gamble if you get what you expect. It is for us small guys a huge risk to send a couple thousand bucks to someone in China and the hope to get what you expect. I am not doing this anymore and my fix is an easy one: I use mainly Shavemac knots. I have been there and visited them, have seen how the knots are made. I also can talk with the owner on the phone in our mother tongue (very helpful that we are both German); if there is ever a problem, a quick call and it is fixed. Yes, the knots are much more expensive than the ones from China but there is no risk for me involved. Their quality is outstanding, and over all the years I use them (since 2009) consistent. The last point is very important to me, and my customers confirm this; I have yet to get a complaint about inconsistencies.

A small restoration project. I steamed the previous knot, drilled the hole, and reknotted with a synthetic. Too much challenge for a single brush but it all worked out in the end.

Also, I'm developing an appreciation for R7 handles. A beauty in my eyes.

Rudy Vey R7 w/ Oumo 4th Gen synthetic

IMG_20200406_140618483~2.jpg

Ha! The anticipation is killing me Adam. The new RV brush is somewhere between NJ and my home here in St. Louis. I hope to be able to accept it into my den by the weekend.

I hope all is well with you!

Top Bottom