What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Guys, hope you have read my other post. I am not longer able to sell badger brushes outside the USA.
Sorry, but I had to get an import/export license and the cost that would have to be added to the price of a brush is way to prohibitive.
If you have a address in the USA as well, it is not a problem to ship to this (I know a few of our Canadian friends close to the border have often a US address).
The next thing is that I no longer get knots from China. I have been burned now twice, and cannot do this anymore.
The loss is just too much. So, as far as badger knots, it is only Shavemac knots or knots I source here in the USA.

Synthetics are not a problem and I guess boar is also not a problem.

Rudy Vey

Emails like this always make my day:

"Dear Rudy, recieved brush today at 4:30 pm I just happened to not shave this morning knowing brush would come in today. Wonderful so happy with it, just wonderful, thank you so much, (Wife) said Christmas on Halloween, I said yes ! Again Thank You So Much !! Ray"

Emails like this always make my day:

"Dear Rudy, recieved brush today at 4:30 pm I just happened to not shave this morning knowing brush would come in today. Wonderful so happy with it, just wonderful, thank you so much, (Wife) said Christmas on Halloween, I said yes ! Again Thank You So Much !! Ray"
I would imagine you get lots like these. I just used the 2019 Group Purchase brush again this morning (tortoise shell and faux ivory). That and the 2018 have easily become my two favorite brushes for looks but also for utility. The both produce great lathers and feel great on the face and head.

Rudy Vey

I would imagine you get lots like these. I just used the 2019 Group Purchase brush again this morning (tortoise shell and faux ivory). That and the 2018 have easily become my two favorite brushes for looks but also for utility. The both produce great lathers and feel great on the face and head.
Yes, I do get quite a few, but this one made my day (day was not one of my best, so this gave me a nice uplift).
Normally, I do not post such, but I really needed this yesterday.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
My RV is one of my most comfortable brushes. I reach for it often.
20190616_105125.jpg

I have a knot on the way to put into my recent Rudy Vey brush so I'm excited to use that. Quite a big brush (My first custom from RV and did not think it through, haha) but I like it. I'm hoping that it'll be easy on the wrist and I'll use a bit more firm grip with it. I'm calling it the "Big Ivory" as it accurately reflects that. Picture coming in a week or so.

It took me a while to assemble everything but here it is! Rudy Vey Custom brush with SHD knot. I call it the "Big Ivory." It is bigger than it looks... or does it look big already? :lol: Great craftsmanship by Rudy.

IMG_20191120_194208741_2.jpg

I'll be interested to see what you do with that marbled handle. I always meant to try putting a dense 24-25mm knot in there like some of the ones currently on Etsy.

Was thinking about what the next brush will look like and now looking a couple posts up, I think a Tulip would be great! Either a 24x48 3-band fan or a 24x54 3-band bulb. Hmm...

Beautiful craftsmanship @Rudy Vey!
...and so many positive endorsements of your meticulous work!
Thank you, sincerely, for the service and expertise you bring to this community.
I will be sending my vintage Ever-Ready 150 brush to you for refurbishment/upgrade with confidence in the near future!

Cheers!

Rudy has done it again... just off the lathe this dark amber butterscotch "Keyhole" with a Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip. I think I will call this one Fire in the Keyhole. I love it.
IMG_5118.JPG

Top Bottom