What's new

Rudy Vey Brushes

Does anyone know if RV could turn a brush without his coin on the bottom? I’m not a fan of the cheapy coin he implanted on my brushes 3 years ago. Maybe he has changed it recently. Anyone have any Veys turned recently?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Does anyone know if RV could turn a brush without his coin on the bottom? I’m not a fan of the cheapy coin he implanted on my brushes 3 years ago. Maybe he has changed it recently. Anyone have any Veys turned recently?
I do not inlay a"cheapy coin" in my brushes. The buttons are hand turned by me, then customer laser engraved. Every button is unique as my brushes are. Those makers who use coins have them mass produced......

I do not inlay a"cheapy coin" in my brushes. The buttons are hand turned by me, then customer laser engraved. Every button is unique as my brushes are. Those makers who use coins have them mass produced......

Maybe I should have chosen better words. I’m just not a fan of the coin you use. That’s it.

RUDY VEY FOR PRESIDENT FEB 23 2016.jpg

I would have not had a problem in omitting the button if he had asked me in private.
By all accounts, Rudy is honorable, responsive, and a talented handle maker. All of his responses here prove that too. I don't have one of his brushes yet, but I know I will.

I will also say that I have a few custom handles without any maker's marks or coins on them. Because I asked them when discussing the order. In my experience, brush makers just want you to enjoy their handles in any way that pleases the buyer.

With all this said before, I can only add; Perhaps this is your opportunity to realize the august body of humankind you have had the great luck to discover and be allowed to offer yourself the chance to become a member thereof. Words have meaning, intention expresses itself - whether we know we are doing so or not. On the message boards of the internet people often do not realize how clearly they are 'read' and how deeply first impressions reach. Comport oneself as a Gentleman and you will never know how close the knife fight might have been.

(and forgive me my indiscretion herewith, I have been witness to some of the worst behavior offered up as examples of human beings 'sharing' their opinions and beliefs. Certainly not here, but another board I'd thought was inhabited by people of taste and sound etiquette.)

I have owned a fair few Rudy Vey handles over the years. I keep ordering them because of the craftsmanship - I prefer Rudy's work to any handle from Simpson or M&F or any other brush that I've owned - and because of Rudy's demeanor. He is endlessly patient in dealing with some very fickle and particular clients (I'm sure I'm one of the worst) and always willing to accommodate requests.

In general, I find that private communication should always precede public discussion, since it will often preclude the need for public discussion.

Rudy, thanks for your service and wonderful work. It enriches this hobby.

With all this said before, I can only add; Perhaps this is your opportunity to realize the august body of humankind you have had the great luck to discover and be allowed to offer yourself the chance to become a member thereof. Words have meaning, intention expresses itself - whether we know we are doing so or not. On the message boards of the internet people often do not realize how clearly they are 'read' and how deeply first impressions reach. Comport oneself as a Gentleman and you will never know how close the knife fight might have been.

(and forgive me my indiscretion herewith, I have been witness to some of the worst behavior offered up as examples of human beings 'sharing' their opinions and beliefs. Certainly not here, but another board I'd thought was inhabited by people of taste and sound etiquette.)

Is this Latin? Greek maybe?

Top Bottom