What's new

Rubberset Restore

Well, this came this morning from the United States to the UK, a Rubberset that's all I know about this brush. So if any Gent knows anything about it please say don't be shy, Here is the said brush I only have four pictures from start to finish.

This is how I bought it

1.jpg

And this is how it arrived here

20201008_090557.jpg

I was lucky the Ferrell was lose and it popped off with my finger and thumb.

20201008_091407.jpg

Light sanding on the ferrell and polish lettering repainted, sanding on the handle and 4 coats of Tung Oil.

20201008_202430.jpg

Now to install the new 22mm Boar knot

20201008_132834.jpg

Just have to wait now for the epoxy to fully cure, then I can use it and get that bad boy to break-in.
In all a fantastic result for a day's work.

Last edited:
Nice restoration. Did you get the new knot locally in England?

Thanks, Andrew!!! No mate it came from china but i do have 2 24mm boars from larry

Nice work! I hope you get many years of enjoyment from that beauty.
Lovely work. It looks fantastic!

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA
Nice restore. That's a beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, Gentlemen It sure did turn out nice, and better than I thought it would have.

Well, this came this morning from the United States to the UK, a Rubberset that's all I know about this brush. So if any Gent knows anything about it please say don't be shy, Here is the said brush I only have four pictures from start to finish.

This is how I bought it

View attachment 1165811

And this is how it arrived here

View attachment 1165812

I was lucky the Ferrell was lose and it popped off with my finger and thumb.

View attachment 1165813

Light sanding on the ferrell and polish lettering repainted, sanding on the handle and 4 coats of Tung Oil.

View attachment 1165815

Now to install the new 22mm Boar knot

View attachment 1165816

Just have to wait now for the epoxy to fully cure, then I can use it and get that bad boy to break-in.
In all a fantastic result for a day's work.

nice work!!!!

camo

Somehow I missed this post. You did an outstanding job on the restore, probably the finest job I’ve ever seen with the polishing of the ferrule and the lettering.

Thank you, Jay!!! That means a lot coming from yourself..... As you know I don't do many brushes but I'm starting to get into them more...

Top Bottom