What's new

Rubberset 600 restoration by JaxJim

So I found a 600. It was in not-great shape, and the nylon bristles were, well, not optimal. Our very own JaxJim tuned it up! I'm going to learn how to do this, so I can pay it forward. Pics attached!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 221
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 222
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 222
Easy day!

Knot: The Golden Nib 2-band finest badger (bulb), 20mm diameter, 51mm loft.

He went with white for the lettering vice the original gold, which stands out a lot better, as you can see.

That turned out great! I know from experience that you'll enjoy it. What are the specs?

I have to stop opening these threads. I told myself, "No more restores." Now I want one but I have a feeling it is hard to find.

Brush looks fabulous! Great work.

I have to stop opening these threads. I told myself, "No more restores." Now I want one but I have a feeling it is hard to find.

Brush looks fabulous! Great work.

I'm the opposite, the more I look at these restored brushes the more I want to sell my newer brushes and go to all Restored Vintage Brushes. Currently I only have one restored Fuller Brush and an Adoration Handle that I will start on soon.

...and an Adoration Handle that I will start on soon.

Adoration shaving brushes are the bees knees. My restored Addy is easily one of my favorites.

The little Rubberset 600 is like an enigma to me. There's no really fancy design, like some of the other nice handles. It's such a simple little design- a tapered chunk of clear acrylic with an aluminum collar, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for polished aluminum, and I have a real sweet spot for lucite too.

Pics attached!

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm waiting for some post bloom action!

First, thank you, packtray, for your service. I'm so glad that you're pleased with your brush. Doing the restoration truly was my pleasure, and it's especially gratifying that you've decided to try your hand at it. I'll bet that you'll find it both fun and addictive.

Second, thanks to everyone for all of your kind words; I'm humbled.

Finally, I come away from this project with only one regret: Packtray's Rubberset 600 is nicer than mine (as is, truth be told, theretroshave's)! :cursing:

Second, thanks to everyone for all of your kind words; I'm humbled.

Finally, I come away from this project with only one regret: Packtray's Rubberset 600 is nicer than mine (as is, truth be told, theretroshave's)! :cursing:

You're too kind. I think all three look like "rags to riches" type of restores. As I've said before, yours inspired mine- you obviously did one hell of a job on that one. This one is the suit and tie of the bunch. Beautiful work, as always!

Adoration shaving brushes are the bees knees. My restored Addy is easily one of my favorites.

Now I want to see a picture of your restored Adoration.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll keep this short. Check out the pics in the spoilers, and you can click here to see the thread.

Started out looking like this:
Ended up looking like this:

Top Bottom