What's new

RUBBERSET 49-5 (pic heavy)

Got the knot, it was in more of a sleeve than a cup.

100_2208.JPG
100_2209.JPG
100_2210.JPG
100_2211.JPG

Thankfully their glue didn't stick to the sleeve at all.

100_2212.JPG

A little loose I'd say, should have gone with a 30mm!!!

100_2213.JPG
100_2214.JPG

So I made a tapered ring to fit in the tapered hole.

100_2220.JPG
100_2221.JPG

It could use a little reinforcement anyway.

100_2223.JPG

Set it deeper? The boar knot I got was wider higher up from the plug. You have a lot of room though...

Nice job rigging the ring. I wonder if you could add black paint to epoxy and fill in the crack? Like Bondo. Let it cure and sand it back.

Sound like a plan. I was wondering if you wrapped it in painters tape, put a hose clamp on it and fill the crack with super glue and clamp it. Leave it clamped until you set a knot in place with epoxy. Between the epoxy and super glue the crack may stay closed. Just an idea.

Set it deeper? The boar knot I got was wider higher up from the plug. You have a lot of room though...

Nice job rigging the ring. I wonder if you could add black paint to epoxy and fill in the crack? Like Bondo. Let it cure and sand it back.

I pushed it in till it fit and...

100_2217.JPG
100_2218.JPG

There was no room left for the handle! :w00t:

Sound like a plan. I was wondering if you wrapped it in painters tape, put a hose clamp on it and fill the crack with super glue and clamp it. Leave it clamped until you set a knot in place with epoxy. Between the epoxy and super glue the crack may stay closed. Just an idea.

When I saw it on ebay I had similar thoughts, only I was going to let it sit in hot water and then push it into a tapered hole. But the thing is rock hard, I think it would shatter long before it would flex in any way.

I have done more on it since the last picture was taken, I glued the ring in and filled the split with super glue gel. It's polished up a bit, and the knot is glued in. More pix tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas and thanks for putting up with my questions!

The narrow waisted barber handles really appealed to me for some reason, does anyone else like these, or am I "unique"?

Top Bottom