What's new

Rubberset 400

This is my first 400 restore. It is the unnumbered variation. I chronicled the process at every stage of sanding/polishing, just for kicks. It's a labor of love, that's for sure. The brush just came back from Declaration today with a B5 knot.

Rubberset 400-U2.jpg

R400 sanding collage1.jpg
R400 sanding collage3.jpg

R400 sanding collage2.jpg
Rubberset 400 (24mm Declaration B5) Blue2.jpg

If I were to go through the labor of love to restore the aluminum finish I would consider sealing it with clear anodizing so the nice finish would last longer.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I went and got some sandpaper- pork you are an inspiration!
IMG_1618.JPG
IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

I did not take a picture at every stage and I'm still working...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Good work. As to sealing the finish: I’m finding mine stays quite nice with just the light polishing with my towel when I wash out the brush.

What did you use to polish after all of the sanding is completed? Also - did you use the sandpaper by hand or did you have a dremmel or something of the sort? The Brush looks awesome!

What did you use to polish after all of the sanding is completed? Also - did you use the sandpaper by hand or did you have a dremmel or something of the sort? The Brush looks awesome!

Thanks. I sanded it all by hand. I polished it with Mother's Aluminum Polish and gave it a coating of wax (carnauba, I think?).

Top Bottom