What's new

Rubberset 400-4 OEM Knot

Hello everyone, just acquired an old Rubberset 400-4 that I wanted to try an original type knot it. I was able to find the below information on the original Rubberset and that it took a long Boar Knot at 24mm. Does anyone know where I can purchase a 24mm knot that is closest to the original knot used in this model? I have the Alpha- T with badger knots already, so wanted to try the original this time and put togethers something as close to OEM as possible. Any assistance or additional background on the brush or knot would be appreciated.

"There were three versions of the brush: the 400-3, 400-4, and an unnumbered brush. All brushes required a 24 mm diameter knot. The 3 or 4 indicator represents the length of the original boar knot with the 4 being slightly longer than the 3 and the unnumbered version being in the middle (at least from my observation of owning all 3 at one time)."

1640966698219.png

Hello everyone, just acquired an old Rubberset 400-4 that I wanted to try an original type knot it. I was able to find the below information on the original Rubberset and that it took a long Boar Knot at 24mm. Does anyone know where I can purchase a 24mm knot that is closest to the original knot used in this model? I have the Alpha- T with badger knots already, so wanted to try the original this time and put togethers something as close to OEM as possible. Any assistance or additional background on the brush or knot would be appreciated.
I've got all three.
The loft and width are as follows:
#4 is 6.5 cm loft, 23mm wide.
The #3 is 5.75 cm loft, 22mm wide.
The no # is 6 cm loft , 22mm wide.
20211231_121834.jpg

Last edited:
I always buy these, though they were only $24ea a couple years ago. Now at $40 I think I'd check the market, but these are high quality imo.
None of them that I've bought shed so much as a hair or two combing through them out of the box.
164105962612234849460461693255.jpg

Are these the original knots, were they not all 24mm?
I have an original unused (or used so little it looks completely unused) #3 and it has a 60.5mm loft and I also have a barely used no# and it has a 63.5mm loft. Unfortunately the #4 that I have has been used to much to give an accurate measurement of what it should be. All knots were 24mm.

Shaveforge.com has a decent 24mm Boar knot, not exactly like the original but worth a look

Last edited:
Top Bottom