What's new

RR GC IS IT SPECIAL ??

I like the RazoRock cases, no bulky boxes taking up space, perfect for travel and beats that cheap cardboard box I got with my Rex by a mile.

I like the RazoRock cases, no bulky boxes taking up space, perfect for travel and beats that cheap cardboard box I got with my Rex by a mile.
Absolutely. And when I buy something from IB, I always end up getting another soap, some blades, maybe a cheap new brush, so I comes in a cardboard box with packing peanuts.

Big mistake today. Got up late, in a hurry. In my blurry eyed stupor I grabbed a can of goo, quick smear and decided one pass against the grain with the .84 would be a good idea. By 9am my face was burning. By 5pm face and neck felt like I just dry shaved. Some Nivea balm put the fire out but I will need a very gentle shave tomorrow. Will not do that again. At my age I should have known better.

Big mistake today. Got up late, in a hurry. In my blurry eyed stupor I grabbed a can of goo, quick smear and decided one pass against the grain with the .84 would be a good idea. By 9am my face was burning. By 5pm face and neck felt like I just dry shaved. Some Nivea balm put the fire out but I will need a very gentle shave tomorrow. Will not do that again. At my age I should have known better.

That's my issue with the GC84. It's not as smooth as many have said and being an aggressive razor extra care must be taken not to get razor burn.

Sleepyheads n GC84 don't mix well lol.

That's my issue with the GC84. It's not as smooth as many have said and being an aggressive razor extra care must be taken not to get razor burn.

Sleepyheads n GC84 don't mix well lol.

Correct. I use the .84 only when I am not in a hurry and even then, I make sure to use my best performing soaps and post shave products. When I shave with the Mamba 50, it doesn't matter what soap I use or what post shave I put on.

Correct. I use the .84 only when I am not in a hurry and even then, I make sure to use my best performing soaps and post shave products. When I shave with the Mamba 50, it doesn't matter what soap I use or what post shave I put on.

Plus 1.
Some razors are easier to use than others!

I have definitely rushed when using my Mamba 70. I get some weepers usually with it, and most of my razors, but no more than usual when in a time crunch. Efficient enough, smooth and comfortable for me. And very safe, which I really appreciate as I'm half asleep most of the time when I shave.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Maggard MR6 handle didn't fit to GC head(
5.jpg

I was about to sell my GC84s but decided to try em one final time and got a rather surprisingly easy and reasonably smooth shave, I can only assume 1 of 2 things.

I. My technique has improved...
2. I think I've developed a decently tough hide on certain parts of my face after 5 months of DE shaving lol.

The latter sounds more likely but I've decided to keep the GC84s and will try shaving with them for a couple of weeks.

I have been more successful with my GC84 as of late, too. I still think I won't use it more than once a week, but it does shave nicely now that I have adapted my technique to its considerable gap. The big change I made is to make each razor stroke longer and slower. That prevents quick short strokes that can lead to a hacking motion when in a hurry which is how I cut myself when I do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

@steffenapelz I also have a Game Changer with each gap, and find they handle their different roles wonderfully.

@mawashi We're a few months past Christmas! Share that shaving love!

~Kai
Completely agree. Today I had to get up at 3am to travel half way around the country for a full day of work. The GC84 is perfect for this kind of day because the BBS just lasts a really long time. Most other days, I choose the comfort and gentleness of the GC68 or one of my two Mambas or Fatip Gentile.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom