What's new

RR GC IS IT SPECIAL ??

Currently have the .68 and .84 GC, as well as the .70 Mamba (Ti handle). The GCs are much more efficient razors, and almost as smooth at the Mamba. I have to say they are easier to get a great shave with than the Mamba, but I'm still learning that razor. Those 3, my Progress, and my 6C are not on the get rid of list. Actually those 5 razors basically killed my RAD.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have to say they are easier to get a great shave with than the Mamba...

I totally agree! I've been doing an experiment using the mamba 70 on a road trip exclusively to see if I could get it to shave as good as the GC 84. Testing different techniques. Shallow, steep, middle. Different blades. No dice. It's so smooth and wonderful to use, but I cant get my neck as close as the GC. Got about a week left to sort it out. Then it's back to the GC.

I totally agree! I've been doing an experiment using the mamba 70 on a road trip exclusively to see if I could get it to shave as good as the GC 84. Testing different techniques. Shallow, steep, middle. Different blades. No dice. It's so smooth and wonderful to use, but I cant get my neck as close as the GC. Got about a week left to sort it out. Then it's back to the GC.

That pretty much describes my experience with the Mamba .70, very, very smooth, much more than the Game Changer .84, but i can't get a close shave with it at the trouble spot on my neck, no matter what i try. I will most likely sell it again.

I find the 68 works with a wide range of blades, but it does best with Rapira Plat Lux for me. But I can use AstraSP or Personna Red without issue. The .84 works ONLY if I used the Rapira and the Mambas work best with AstraSPs...

I find the 68 works with a wide range of blades, but it does best with Rapira Plat Lux for me. But I can use AstraSP or Personna Red without issue. The .84 works ONLY if I used the Rapira and the Mambas work best with AstraSPs...
I've been using the Mamba with a personna red, and yeah, it's not great with it. Going to try it next with the Astra SP.

I've been using the Mamba with a personna red, and yeah, it's not great with it. Going to try it next with the Astra SP.

The Mamba (both old and new gap) needs a very sharp blade. The Personnas are simply not sharp enough. I can even see a feather working in that one. Others report that Kai blades are tops because of the slightly wider blade, therefore increased blade exposure.

The Mamba (both old and new gap) needs a very sharp blade. The Personnas are simply not sharp enough. I can even see a feather working in that one. Others report that Kai blades are tops because of the slightly wider blade, therefore increased blade exposure.
Hmm how do personna red compare to 7oclock greens?

Hmm how do personna red compare to 7oclock greens?
The greens are less sharp than the yellows by a decent amount. I put the greens about as sharp or moreso than astraSPs. I've been leaning towards much sharper blades in the mamba 70 so far: perma sharp super and polsilvers have been the best. Going to try out the dreaded feather sometime soon as the seven oc yellows which I love. So far, I think the polsilvers were the closest shave, but the perma sharps were the best overall shave with it. Ymmv.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I was able to get the .84 plate with the .68 razor. Might be a bit much for me. I know blade gap isint the best indicator. My Karve C is .85 and 6S plate 4 is .79, both are a tad too much and I use a plate or two down for both for daily shaving.

Will be great if I skip a day or two though.

The greens are less sharp than the yellows by a decent amount. I put the greens about as sharp or moreso than astraSPs. I've been leaning towards much sharper blades in the mamba 70 so far: perma sharp super and polsilvers have been the best. Going to try out the dreaded feather sometime soon as the seven oc yellows which I love. So far, I think the polsilvers were the closest shave, but the perma sharps were the best overall shave with it. Ymmv.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice. I'll do the footwork and see which of my bulk bkades are the sharpest

I was able to get the .84 plate with the .68 razor. Might be a bit much for me. I know blade gap isint the best indicator. My Karve C is .85 and 6S plate 4 is .79, both are a tad too much and I use a plate or two down for both for daily shaving.

Will be great if I skip a day or two though.

For me, the GC84 shaves quite a bit more aggressively than the Karve C or even the Karve D...

Agree, much more efficient without any cost in smoothness. It feels like the Rockwell on plate 5, but it shaved closer, at least on its maiden run this morning. I’d peg the closeness at the level the ATT R1 plate is able to achieve.

The .84 is a grand slam; if the .68 was a bit of a let down (good, but not as great as it could be), the .84 is the antidote. It delivers the much talked about smooth and efficient shave that neither the Mamba nor the .68 did for me. This is an impressive razor at any price.

Love the ATTR1 and 6s plate 5, thanks!

The GC .84 is home run. Shaves even closer than my Karve CB plate C, while being even more smooth, and half the price. This will likely become my new daily driver. Can't wait to try it out with a Bic Astor, used a Permasharp today. Now, I can say with certainty, the game has been changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I just had to dig farther back. These comparisons make me feel good about the .84

First shave with the .84 plate on the GameChanger. Still very smooth, a notch more efficient. Does not feel like a usual .80+ blade gap though. Fantastic!
20190205_144132.jpg

I have been using the .68 daily and find it to be the best razor I have, very smooth, great shaves and easy to use. I have found I prefer a shorter handle so I have been using a Weber bulldog. Today I recieved the .84 GC. I just had to see for myself how it compares to the .68. First shave will be tomorrow morning.

I have been using the .68 daily and find it to be the best razor I have, very smooth, great shaves and easy to use. I have found I prefer a shorter handle so I have been using a Weber bulldog. Today I recieved the .84 GC. I just had to see for myself how it compares to the .68. First shave will be tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to it!

First shave with the .84 plate on the GameChanger. Still very smooth, a notch more efficient. Does not feel like a usual .80+ blade gap though. Fantastic!
View attachment 949798

Did they change the bottom of the baseplate again? I have a later .68 and a couple early batch .84s with ridges on the bottom of the baseplate. From your picture, it looks like they went back to the flat bottom they used on early .68s.

Top Bottom