What's new

RR GC .84 OH MY LORD HAVE MERCY

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I had the Mamba .70 and sold it. I bought my bil a gc .68. I tried it out. Excellent razor. I’d take it over the mamba.

I’ve had the Windsor r1 and Windsor h1. I would say the gc84 falls in between, feel-wise. Closer to the h1, efficiency-wise.

Dear @guitarslinger,
I appreciate your valuable opinions very much.
I am on the fence of getting SSH1.
Is GC84 between SSR1 and SSH1 in efficiency and smoothness?
I love ATT's built quality very much, but GC84's price cannot be beat.
Thank you.

Dear @guitarslinger,
I appreciate your valuable opinions very much.
I am on the fence of getting SSH1.
Is GC84 between SSR1 and SSH1 in efficiency and smoothness?
I love ATT's built quality very much, but GC84's price cannot be beat.
Thank you.

If you want an ATT, I suggest the H1. The R1 was far too mild for me. I had to overshave with it. The GC84 gets the job done with less strokes than the R1. The H1 has a tad more blade feel than the GC84 though.

It's (GC84) kind of the best of both worlds.

I'm glad I have the H1. I need to get rid of my R1.

If you want an ATT, I suggest the H1. The R1 was far too mild for me. I had to overshave with it. The GC84 gets the job done with less strokes than the R1. The H1 has a tad more blade feel than the GC84 though.

It's (GC84) kind of the best of both worlds.

I'm glad I have the H1. I need to get rid of my R1.

Dear @guitarslinger,
Do you mean SSH1?
Some gents in this forum reported that classic H1 is too harsh.
It seems that SSH1 and GC84 are good choices.

My GC 84 is my daily driver, I only have a couple Maggard's heads with a Bulldog handle
and a milder Muhle to compare it to but it's an excellent razor for the price.

I feel the same way about the Open Comb version.

Nice to see this. My OC .84 just shipped today, and I’m expecting my brass Karve with open comb E plate fairly soon after. Hoping that one or both can match the efficiency of my R41, but with added comfort. From what I’m reading it sounds likely that one or both will.

Martin

I've got standard-issue, old school ATT in H2 and S2. I used to also own M2 and R2, but they were too mild for me. I've also got Game Changers in .84 OC and Jaws.

My ATT H2 is one of my favorite razors. I confess, I enjoy blade-forward razors most days, and the H2 is more blade-forward than either of the Game Changers in my den. The H2 is also a tad more efficient on my face than the Game Changers. If you don't want to spend the extra $ for a more refined, efficient and smooth-yet-blade-forward razor than the H2, I suggest the Jaws (which is a tad more efficient on my face than the OC).

Happy New Years and I'm glad to hear how great your experience has been so far. I have the JAWS version on the way and am hoping to have the same great experience as you too!

Nice to see this. My OC .84 just shipped today, and I’m expecting my brass Karve with open comb E plate fairly soon after. Hoping that one or both can match the efficiency of my R41, but with added comfort. From what I’m reading it sounds likely that one or both will.

Martin

I'm anxious to hear how your RR OC compares to the Karve OC.

I have Game Changer 84 OC. I think it is a perfect balance between quality, price, performance, smoothness, and efficiency.

Top Bottom