What's new

RR GC .84 OH MY LORD HAVE MERCY

My GC OC .84 with the barber pole handle arrived this afternoon. The aesthetics are perfect to my eye; sleek and thin. I purposely didn’t shave this morning (for me that takes will power) so that I could give it a good workout tomorrow. I’ve been really happy with my R41 with a bulldog handle, but everything I’ve been hearing about the GC has me pumped for my shave tomorrow morning.
The R41 is all I really have to compete with it right now. Karve OC-E (brass) is ordered but not shipped yet. I think it’s so neat that these razors can produce such superb results. There is definitely no going back to mild razors, for me at any rate. Guessing I’ll end up with the GC, the Karve, the R41, and my 1960 fat boy, and get rid of all my others.

Owning the R41 and both the 68 and 84 safety bar game changers, I have to say the 84 and R41 are y two favorites. The 68 I really like but oddly enough i get some rough shaves out of it, likely from poor technique on my part. But I guess I bring my A game with the more aggressive hardware, and I just get an overall better experience. I feel that the 68 has some bad blade pairings that lack efficiency and I end up having to go back over spots repeatedly, or it’s not that, and instead the operator...?

Just had my first shave with the GC OC .84. Amazing razor, I could echo everything the OP said about it. Used an Astra SP, MWF, for a three pass, no touch up bbs shave. No comment from the alum block, and no visible irritation at all. Superb.

Just had my first shave with the GC OC .84. Amazing razor, I could echo everything the OP said about it. Used an Astra SP, MWF, for a three pass, no touch up bbs shave. No comment from the alum block, and no visible irritation at all. Superb.
This made me go shave with the GC (conveniently enough I actually needed to shave). Still in Awe.

I have the open comb version (actually I bought the safety bar version as well just to try it out but I prefer an open comb). I have to say that based on construction, price, efficiency, smoothness and aesthetics, this could be the holy grail razor. It is virtually flawless.

I originally purchased the GC .68 & later on when it was in stock I ordered the .84P head. You can't beat the quality of the GC's at that price point. It's my every day razor. I can use either head every day with no irritations but I slightly prefer the .68 head. But the .84 is not going anywhere.

I have the 0.84p and the jaws and they are both awesome.

I pair them with a custom polished titanium handle and the feel and balance is fantastic. It also looks like a premium razor.
proxy.php

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I have the 0.84p and the jaws and they are both awesome.

I pair them with a custom polished titanium handle and the feel and balance is fantastic. It also looks like a premium razor.
proxy.php

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Looks nice.

Nice software, too.

Five shaves in with the GC OC .84 now. The first 3 days were with an Astra SP. Yesterday and today I switched up a notch to a Nacet. Still no nicks, cuts, or weepers, still no irritation anywhere, still beautiful, comfortable and extremely close shave. This razor continues to amaze. Can’t wait to compare it with the CB brass OC with the E plate; unfortunately it hasn’t shipped yet. Wish I was a patient person.

Five shaves in with the GC OC .84 now. The first 3 days were with an Astra SP. Yesterday and today I switched up a notch to a Nacet. Still no nicks, cuts, or weepers, still no irritation anywhere, still beautiful, comfortable and extremely close shave. This razor continues to amaze. Can’t wait to compare it with the CB brass OC with the E plate; unfortunately it hasn’t shipped yet. Wish I was a patient person.
I am eagerly awaiting the comparison. Wanna see if it would be worth getting a Karve in the DISTANT future(as I'm way too happy with my GC. 84 and I think I will be for a while)

Will definitely update. But it’s a race against the clock right now. The Karve has to get here by January 27 to give me a few days to evaluate and post; I’m scheduled for a replacement right shoulder on Jan. 31, and after that I’ll be shaving left handed for quite a while. I’m right handed and not the slightest bit ambidextrous, so that wouldn’t be a fair evaluation. I’m keeping my fingers crossed it will ship soon.

I have GC .84-P SB since christmas and no matter how much I want to love it, it's too harsh for my sensitive skin. I'm goiong to sell it and buy Rockwell 6S (anyone interested in selling one can PM me, but I'm from Europe).

Top Bottom