What's new

RR GC .84 OH MY LORD HAVE MERCY

Happy new year everybody.

I just received a brand new Razorock Gamechanger .84 straight bar as a gift from my brother. I must say this is unlike any other razor I have ever used. The SMOOOTHEST razor with amazing efficiency(Shaved a 5 day growth with a Personna Lab blue) and this is coming from someone who's owned a de89,muhle r41,39c,Fatip OC and Testina Gentile.

If I had to rank all my razors this is how it would go:

1) GC .84
2) GC .84
3) GC .84
100) GC .84
101)Testina Gentile
102)39c
103)Fatip OC
104)de89
105) Muhle r41

PHENOMENAL way of starting the year and decade. First experience with the higher premium end razors and now this leaves me wondering how much better can it get?

Congratulations on the nice new razor. I think it’s the best value in all of shaving. I stopped buying razors for several years after I got a couple of Timeless, but had to try the GC to see what all the fuss was about & ended up with 6 of them. (All the options plus a razor for each of my 2 sons)

The hype is warranted.

Congratulations on the nice new razor. I think it’s the best value in all of shaving. I stopped buying razors for several years after I got a couple of Timeless, but had to try the GC to see what all the fuss was about & ended up with 6 of them. (All the options plus a razor for each of my 2 sons)

The hype is warranted.
This speaks volumes to me. They have quite literally changed the game. I'm still amazed at the smoothness. Only now do I understand that all this time I've been shaving with a certain degree of tugging. But what makes it even more amazing is that it's way smoother than a de89 and coupled with a much greater efficiency

I have the GC OC .68 and OC .84 and love them both. The OC .84 may be the best razor in my collection. Last week I ordered the .84 SB and the JAWS so I can try them all and rotate thru the week with a family of Game Changers.

For what it's worth, I also have a Mamba .70 and find it smoother than the GC - but it doesn't shave as close so I don't use it as often.

I have to wonder if there is really any difference in shave between the OC and Jaws. I realize the teeth spacing is different but I'm guessing the blade angles are the same. Have you tried both or just the Jaws?
The difference is minimal but noticeable.

A year ago, I struggled to decide between the Mamba .70 and the Game Changer. I selected the Mamba .70 and I quite like it but I've often wondered about the Game Changer. Just received the GC .68 today. Can't wait to try it out.

I have to wonder if there is really any difference in shave between the OC and Jaws. I realize the teeth spacing is different but I'm guessing the blade angles are the same. Have you tried both or just the Jaws?

I have both. I haven’t done a scientific experiment, but I am getting better shaves with the jaws. It just seems to cut my beard better with the blade so Unencumbered

I took my Game Changer 84 OC on a recent 9 day overseas trip to visit my daughter, my son-in-law and two of my grandchildren. It is an excellent razor and unfailingly produced close and comfortable shaves. On my return I had my new Classic Shaving Enoch Artist Club razor waiting for me. After a couple of days with it, I can confidently say that it gives me closer and smoother shaves than the Game Changer OC. Of course, the Enoch is not a DE razor and some folks seem to find the wide AC blades difficult to manage. I find the Enoch to be very well balanced and easily maneuverable but YMMV.

Last edited:
Made the mistake of getting my R41 within the same week as my GC84... I think I let the R41 eclipse the GC84. Mist admit that these are a damn fine razor. I’m not sure I can even complete a solid top five, but my top four is as follows:

1. GC84
2. R41
3. Gillett super adjustable long handle
4. GC68.

much to my ultimate surprise, the rockwell 6S I own is one I’m thinking I’d be happy to part with as it doesn’t come close to these 4 razors for me.

I’d be very interested to hear how the GC open comb or jaws compares to the R41.

I never got along with the ATT. Had the mild and medium SB plates & never found a blade combination I got along with reliably. Good shave one day & super harsh the next. The .84 is 100% consistent & is great with most blades.

I had the GC 68P and GC 84P, sold both. GC 84P was too aggressive for me and the GC 68P just wasn’t that special. I recently purchased an ATT Aluminum M plate and find it shaves close to my Timeless Ti .68SB. It impressed me enough that I just purchased the ATT Atlas M1 and it was delivered today. I have tried the H and R plates on the Aluminum and found the H way too aggressive for me and the R just had too much blade feel for my liking. YMMV! The GC‘s are extremely well made for the price.

I think the JAWS and the OC are very similar. They are so close, IMO, I didn’t need them both. I found the OC slightly smoother, so I sold the JAWS.

The R41 and the GC 84 variations are top performing razors for me. The R41 has the edge on efficiency, but the GC is smoother.

I have one, build quality is amazing. Although still need to get comfortable using it as its more aggressive than my Merkur 34c that I am used to.

Top Bottom