What's new

RR Aluminum Lupo Handle Suggestions

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I went ahead and ordered the Timeless Crown handle in the matte finish this morning. I can hardly wait to try it out with the aluminum Lupo head. Should be a real looker as well! I’ll post a picture and shave report once I receive and use it.
I just gave my Timeless Titanium Matte Crown a light polish today... it has a better feel to it now.... just a low sheen.. much different than the polished Crown. I have them both...

I think you'll love how it feels in your hand. I know I do.

I just gave my Timeless Titanium Matte Crown a light polish today... it has a better feel to it now.... just a low sheen.. much different than the polished Crown. I have them both...

I think you'll love how it feels in your hand. I know I do.
Based on your suggestion earlier in this thread my wallet is now lighter. 😂 I can’t wait for it to arrive!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Based on your suggestion earlier in this thread my wallet is now lighter. 😂 I can’t wait for it to arrive!
They ship things out immediately... no tracking but it shows up in 3 or 4 days. The weekend might stretch things out a bit but they get things out in a hurry. Both mine came UPS and UPS sends me notifications when things are about to be delivered.

BB330122-2E3A-4AAB-9B45-2D3E31AE7B29.jpeg
This one is another good option to consider.

Here is the handle. Like a child who has no patience I had my daughter open the package and send me a picture. Can’t wait to get home and pair it with the Lupo aluminum head.
3FBE2F53-7AA8-4D5C-8FE3-C94949089485.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
This is a stainless steel West Coast Shaving handle that would add some weight to it. It's on the long side. But it's cheap...$16 plus shipping. Has a matted finish also.

WCS-Classic-Collection-Stainless-Steel-Razor-Handles-WCS-Classic-Collection-Stainless-Steel-Ra...jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Congrats.... I already mentioned this.... but if you buy a tube of Simichrome... lightly coat the handle and let it dry... wipe it down with a microfiber cloth... it will take away that slight gritty feeling. If yours doesn't have that gritty feeling.. never mind.

Congrats.... I already mentioned this.... but if you buy a tube of Simichrome... lightly coat the handle and let it dry... wipe it down with a microfiber cloth... it will take away that slight gritty feeling. If yours doesn't have that gritty feeling.. never mind.
Does the Simichrome change the sheen at all?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Does the Simichrome change the sheen at all?
It enhanced mine but it does lighten it up ever so slightly. I did check with Timeless before I did it. It deepens the luster in a pleasing way but that is just my opinion. If you just use it and wipe it down with a towel, I suspect you’ll end up there anyway eventually.

In the photo, I can see the tiny bumps: mine had those as well but they are gone now. You might like them to make the handle more grippy, so there is that. I’ll post a close up tomorrow so you can see the difference.

The Timeless handle looks great!

I just used the aluminum Lupo this morning with the WCS handle and got an even better shave than with the aluminum handles. I like the heavier handle with this razor.

IMHO the Razorock titanium handle at 1.7 ounce/48 grams is the best alternative for any aluminum head razor. I like it on my Henson, or aluminum Lupo, shown here.

View attachment 1457804
Exactly my choice for the aluminum Lupo!
The RR titanium handle adds some needed (for me) weight to this head, w/o overdoing it as it was the case for some SS handles
Only caveat: that being a long handle, it shifts the razor balance somehow toward the handle

Top Bottom