What's new

RR Aluminum Lupo Handle Suggestions

I just acquired a RazoRock Lupo aluminum razor and haven’t yet shaved with it (I will in the morning). Based on a lot of feedback from people on this forum, if I find it too mild I could look for a replacement handle to give it a little more weight and improve the shave. That being said, I’d like some suggestions as to what handle you feel will improve functionality and look good with the silver aluminum head. It isn’t polished as you can see in the pictures so I don’t quite know how a polished SS handle would look with it. Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
7D230B31-53FC-4D5E-BB53-D040D020F7C0.jpeg
C9778941-F23B-46C7-BF12-786F0523DB09.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It will be difficult to match the finish exactly, so you might want to think about going for a pleasant contrast instead. Maybe a coated metal, anodized or bead-blasted type of finish.

It will be difficult to match the finish exactly, so you might want to think about going for a pleasant contrast instead. Maybe a coated metal, anodized or bead-blasted type of finish.
Was kind of thinking the same thing actually. Maybe even a black. I’m hoping my shave tomorrow and the rest of the week with the stock handle works out well and I don’t need to purchase another handle. Time will tell.

Today's first shave result: Smoothest and most comfortable shave I've had to date. The Aluminum Lupo is going to take some time getting used to as the weight and aural feedback are quite a change from the Rockwell 6C and vintage Gillettes that I usually use. I'll continue shaving with this razor in it's current state for a week and then swap out the handle to the Rockwell handle and see how that affects the shave. The biggest thing for me to get used to is the weight. I tend like a heavier tool, but that may change as I continue to use it. Overall, I'm very pleased with this razor, but it's too soon to tell.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I was going to suggest just trying it as is and see what you think. I go back and forth with my Henson AL13 trying to decide if I like it better with the stock aluminum handle vs. a SS handle. The stock handle certainly feels better balanced, but the SS handle certainly lends more heft. I dunno. It's a toss up.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I just acquired a RazoRock Lupo aluminum razor and haven’t yet shaved with it (I will in the morning). Based on a lot of feedback from people on this forum, if I find it too mild I could look for a replacement handle to give it a little more weight and improve the shave. That being said, I’d like some suggestions as to what handle you feel will improve functionality and look good with the silver aluminum head. It isn’t polished as you can see in the pictures so I don’t quite know how a polished SS handle would look with it. Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!View attachment 1457665View attachment 1457666
Personally, I would get the Timeless Crown TRH8 Matte Titanium Handle.
rs=w_1200,h_1200.jpeg

Great balance and grip. :)

I’ve looked at that one and am curious to see what it looks like on the Lupo and how it functions.

Today's first shave result: Smoothest and most comfortable shave I've had to date. The Aluminum Lupo is going to take some time getting used to as the weight and aural feedback are quite a change from the Rockwell 6C and vintage Gillettes that I usually use. I'll continue shaving with this razor in it's current state for a week and then swap out the handle to the Rockwell handle and see how that affects the shave. The biggest thing for me to get used to is the weight. I tend like a heavier tool, but that may change as I continue to use it. Overall, I'm very pleased with this razor, but it's too soon to tell.
I went through a phase using heavy stainless handles. Nowadays, I really like the light and nimble feel more. Would you rather drive a sports car or a Cadillac? It's up to you.

I went through a phase using heavy stainless handles. Nowadays, I really like the light and nimble feel more. Would you rather drive a sports car or a Cadillac? It's up to you.
Good point!! I’ll put my 6C handle on it in the morning and see how it reacts.

Thanks in advance!View attachment 1457665View attachment 1457666
I bought the aluminum first. It's incredibly efficient even though it's light. I then bought the Lupo stainless steel .72 with the barber pole handle. It's shaves exactly like the aluminum with more weight and a bigger blade gap.
They are both fantastic!
The stainless is my daily driver and the aluminum is my travel razor!
Not trying to get you to buy something else, LOL! But it pairs perfectly with the aluminum Lupo!

I used the aluminum Lupo head on the new aluminum handle this morning. The new handle is slightly longer than the stock handle and slightly heavier. My results were excellent, as expected.
Great information. Would you then say that the handle did indeed improve the shave?

I don't think I noticed a discernable difference in the quality of the shave. The new handle provides good grip and balance and has a nice look.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I just acquired a RazoRock Lupo aluminum razor and haven’t yet shaved with it (I will in the morning). Based on a lot of feedback from people on this forum, if I find it too mild I could look for a replacement handle to give it a little more weight and improve the shave.

If your not getting a close shave with your new Lupo Aluminum razor or any mild razor you can always use a Kai SS blade. It is slightly wider than a standard Gillette blade gives a nice boost in performance. I will always have a few tucks around for my mild razors.
YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide-2.jpg
Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom