What's new

Royall - Rugby

I'm interested in this product. However, it is listed as an "Eau de Toilette." I'm one who does not wear cologne. I do not want a cologne; I want an aftershave. I simply do not want an overpowering smell that leaves my house and office smelling like a department store.

That being said, can someone fill me in and tell me if Royall Rugby can be used as an aftershave? To be frank, I'm not too sure what an "Eau de Toilette" is. I always assumed it was a cologne.

Does Royall Rugby smell good, and if so, how would you describe it? Does it fill up the room and is overly domineering? I remember walking in my local mall and being able to smell Abercrombie & Fitch from the opposite end -- I do not want that!:302:

Royall Rugby is indeed more of a cologne/ EDT than a aftershave and does come in a spray bottle which unfortunately the cool crown cap does not fit into (which makes no scents?). Ended up picking up a bottle blind at Maggards years back.

The scent is a very grassy but not dirty Vetiver and sharp citrus notes. It really is a beautiful scent and one of the more wearable Vetiver scents I have come across, but as with all scents it's prolly not for everyone buy worth checking out if it sounds like something you may enjoy.

Sir forkbeard3777, you might find sampler of Royall at a nearby Brooks Bros. store.
Give them a call!
I've got a few Royall frags and would not classify them as "strong" or overpowering. FWIW.

La savonniere du moulin simpson jubilee thiers issard crown wing royall spyce november 21 2015.jpg

My royall rugby has a screw top.

It CAN be used as aftershave.

It smells like terre d’hermes but with a caraway/spearmint/dill carvone tinge.

It’s not grassy. There is probably some vetiver though.

Top Bottom