What's new

Royall Mandarin

I've seen random Royall threads here, but not much specific to the Mandarin variety. I picked up a sample size of this in Mast General Store and am eager to try it. Definitely a good summer scent.

For those of you who use the stuff, how do you apply it and what staying power do you get? The "all purpose lotion" label has made me a bit unsure.

I use the Royall Manderin after shave in rotation with Lyme and Bay Rum. Of the three it seems to remain longer than the other two. When I sweat the Bay Rum and Lyme seem to re-emerge.

I apply liberally on head and face when I shave. Some days when feeling more irritated I use Proraso balm vice the alchol based.

Satch

Lyme is a childhood scent that my father used to wear. Always brings back memories. He gifted me the Mandarin and I think its great- spicy orange/tangerine smell. Not keen on the other smells. Has anyone tried the Royall Rugby?

They are all wonderful! My favorite is the Royall Muske which I just realized I am wearing today! I found a unmarked spray bottle in my bathroom the other day and started using it! (They gave me a couple of empty spray bottles at Penhaligon's in the Covent Carden Store over 20 years ago and I still have them and they still work!) I've enjoyed it over the last few days and was hoping that whatever it was, that this wasn't the last of a cologne I couldn't get any longer.
When I saw this post it, I sniffed my wrist and realized that it was the Royall Muske that I was wearing and that (at the moment) I don't have to worry about running out of this! I have several versions in my cabinets including the Mandarin, Muske, Vetiver, Rugby and Lyme! Why didn't I try Spyce and Bay Rhum? I am a real fan of their products and enjoyed visiting them in Bermuda where I tried my first bottle! When this runs out I'll have to fill it with the Mandarin!

I just found another fragrance called "Royall Yacht" with, as they describe: "An invigorating blend of luxurious florals, hints of geranium and jasmine that are delicately wrapped in warm notes of cedarwood and musk. A delightful fragrance for the quintessentially brilliant gentlemen." Sounds tempting!

Top Bottom