What's new

Royall Lyme vs. Geo F. Trumper Extract of West Indian Limes?

Which one is better, Royall Lyme or Geo F. Trumper Extract of West Indian Limes, for the best old-school lime cologne splash?

I already own Taylor of Old Bond Street Victorian Limes btw and like it. Looking for something else. And I do not want a sweet or candy lime scent.

Any ideas?

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I have the Royall Lyme and like it a lot. I get compliments on it from men and woman. Stiing's Lime and Mararitas In The Arctic are good also in my opinion and you and buy single sample sizes of those. Sometimes you can get lucky and find Royall Lyme on eBay that doesn't cost much.

I have the Royall Lyme and like it a lot. I get compliments on it from men and woman. Stiing's Lime and Mararitas In The Arctic are good also in my opinion and you and buy single sample sizes of those. Sometimes you can get lucky and find Royall Lyme on eBay that doesn't cost much.
Yeah I own Stirling Lime and love it. How long does Royall Lyme last for you? Have you tried the Trumpers Lime?

I have (and enjoy) the TOBS Victorian Limes, but would also suggest the Truefitt&Hill West Indian Limes!!

limes.jpg

I enjoy the TOBS Victorian Lime that I have.

How would you compare it with the Truefitt & Hill West Indian Lime? Do they both last the same time? Are they equal in strength?

The TOBS lime is a bit sweeter and more of a straight lime than the T&H, to my nose. Perhaps a tad stronger. Keep in mind I'm referring the the TOBS cologne vs the T&H cologne. The T&H lime cologne (and aftershave) seem a little 'brighter' and fresher. Longevity of the two brands is about the same, e.g. short, since it's a citrus scent. Again, I'm no frag expert, so you have to experiment and see what works best for you!

Along the way, don't forget that both Pinaud and Penhaligon's have nice lime products!

two limes.jpg

The TOBS lime is a bit sweeter and more of a straight lime than the T&H, to my nose. Perhaps a tad stronger. Keep in mind I'm referring the the TOBS cologne vs the T&H cologne. The T&H lime cologne (and aftershave) seem a little 'brighter' and fresher. Longevity of the two brands is about the same, e.g. short, since it's a citrus scent. Again, I'm no frag expert, so you have to experiment and see what works best for you!

Along the way, don't forget that both Pinaud and Penhaligon's have nice lime products!

View attachment 952215

Thank you for the information. I have the Pinaud Lime Sec, and like it very much.. To me it is a nice fresh lime scent.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great discussions thanks for the info. I wish t&h wasnt so expensive. I might look at tobs for the summer.
is there big difference between t&h as and cologne?

Top Bottom