What's new

Royall Lyme and current pricing!

I've mentioned that I like Royall Products before and my most favorite one is Royall Muske. I sometimes keep a page open on Amazon and check the current pricing. I purchased three 8 oz. bottles in 2016 from Amazon for $36.00 a bottle not including shipping and it had tax added as well. A while back there were listings in the $40 range with shipping and more recently in the $50 range with shipping for the same product and last week I saw listings from the same company for $65 with shipping and today it is back down to $55 with shipping! Royall's current online price from their website is $70 a bottle with shipping. What's going on with all these changes in pricing? Tariffs? Exchange rates?

I've mentioned that I like Royall Products before and my most favorite one is Royall Muske. I sometimes keep a page open on Amazon and check the current pricing. I purchased three 8 oz. bottles in 2016 from Amazon for $36.00 a bottle not including shipping and it had tax added as well. A while back there were listings in the $40 range with shipping and more recently in the $50 range with shipping for the same product and last week I saw listings from the same company for $65 with shipping and today it is back down to $55 with shipping! Royall's current online price from their website is $70 a bottle with shipping. What's going on with all these changes in pricing? Tariffs? Exchange rates?
Could the wet shaving revolution have something to do with it? I also know we've had some inflation in the last few years too.

The best prices for fragrance I have seen is on fragrancenet.com. Their Royall's aren't too bad but they are all out of Muske. There is a request link there though. Walmart.com has it for $38.50 right now.

the Royalls are nice, but nowhere near Penhaligon's or other major frag brands, just MHO.

royall spyce may 11 2013-MD4_7235.JPG

Could the wet shaving revolution have something to do with it? I also know we've had some inflation in the last few years too.

The best prices for fragrance I have seen is on fragrancenet.com. Their Royall's aren't too bad but they are all out of Muske. There is a request link there though. Walmart.com has it for $38.50 right now.
It may be, but to have to pay the same price (around $36) for the 8 oz. then and now only be able to get the 4 oz. for about that price is hard to do! Thanks for mentioning WalMart, I don't often think of them for this type of item!

the Royalls are nice, but nowhere near Penhaligon's or other major frag brands, just MHO.

View attachment 919116

I understand your feelings. Penhaligon's is my most favorite line of products and I still remember stopping by their store in Covent Garden in the late 1980's and making my first purchase there! "English Fern" is my favorite. They are well known, established perfumers that make high end, more complex products and I appreciate them for that. However, there still is a place in my regime for well made, basic simple yet tastefully done products for everyday use and Royall fills the bill! They are carried by Brooks Brothers, after all!

saw some in a store and I thought I can pick some up...then I got sticker shock and put it back.

Yes, they aren't cheap at $70 at their retail stores but for that $70 you are getting 8 ozs. which is a lot less than what you would pay per oz. for other fancier products!

Top Bottom