What's new

Royall Aftershaves

With some of my Christmas funds, I decided to invest in two Aftershaves that have peaked my interest for a few years now. And am I glad I did.

$th-2.jpeg$th-1.jpeg

Although they are called "All Purpose Lotions", they are for after shaving. The fragrance of each are outstanding, but the Lyme is my favorite of the two. But only barely. I am a Bay Rum guy, I have four different brands so far, and this is my favorite of the lot.

What impressed me most about the Lyme was that it lasted most of the day, something lime scents don't usually do. It wasn't a pure lime scent, I could tell it was enhanced by a slight spice scent as well. But it was definitely lime. They claim to be from the West Indies.

Has anyone else tried these? If so what was your experience with them? If you haven't, look for them. I purchased mine from Amazon. Initially I saw them in a haberdashery near my house, that closed down before I could get back there. They will cost more than Lime Sec and VIBR, so beware of that. But in my opinion they are worth it.

So coincidental. I walked into the Brooks Brothers outlet and bought the Spyce earlier this evening. Nice clove scent, seems like it'll have staying power. Let me know how Lyme and Bay Rhum work out for you; they were my other two favorites, though they didn't have the vetiver variety. Cheers to smelling like a man!

I am a huge fan of Royall Lymes, it is one of the aftershaves that I will always keep in stock. It really is that much more than an alcohol splash, it is very soothing and conditioning.

The fresh burst of high citrus does fade into a warm spiced scent, but it will waft back throughout the day

Nice review. These are too expensive for my taste. Saw some recently for $48. Hard for me to justify when there are options out there like Pinaud VIBR, Ogalalla, Masters, and many more.

Nice review. These are too expensive for my taste. Saw some recently for $48. Hard for me to justify when there are options out there like Pinaud VIBR, Ogalalla, Masters, and many more.

Ditto, I like them but they are too expensive. I only have some Bay Rhum that I bought on B/S/T for about half of what the typical store wants for those.

You can buy these online for around $30 for the 8oz. Very reasonable IMO. I like and use the Lyme and Vetiver also but the Muske is my favorite.

I am working on a batch of Bootlegger. Total out of pocket cost for 8 oz. would be about $6 per bottle for juice and bottle.

The Lyme was my dad's aftershave, and at one time I had a bottle too, with the heavy pewter cap. It's not quite the same packaging any more.
I wish I still had that bottle.

I was just about to pull the trigger when I read that the company was sold and manufacturing moved to the US. Consequently the scents have changed and bottles cheapened.

Top Bottom