What's new

Royal Shave Soap opinions?

So I have been eye balling the Royal Shave brand of soap, in lemon and sandalwood, I was wondering if anyone here has used this soap, and or has any real world experiences with it? I did read the 17 odd reviews on it, but a little additional feedback never hurts right?

1576248861654.png

Never seen this one before. If the reviews were mostly positive it may be worth checking out, if they are negative you may be better off with a more well known soap. Who knows it may be a diamond in the rough as nearly all of our favorite artisans start out that way.

I had the same question, is this soap good, bad, or just tolerable? I once considered buying the soap mainly to reuse the ceramic bowl.

I bought several pucks some time ago without the nice container. I put it in a small sized double walled domed plastic container that fits it perfectly. The soap is not bad at all. The scent is light but pleasant. I don't have any idea who makes it for Royal Shaving but it seems a lot like Dr. Dittmar soaps. It is a hard soap that will be long lasting. I loaded it pretty long and heavy due to its hardness and was rewarded with a nice rich, creamy and slick lather. I liked Tabac a little better as a German soap as it has tallow vs this vegan soap. That said, for the price, I think its performance is pretty good and I have no trouble getting a BBS shave with my Timeless .95 SS OC.

Top Bottom