What's new

Royal London soap?

I just won auctions for a puck each of Royal London shaving soap in silver and in gold (?) ....

Has anyone heard of - or, better still - used Royal London shaving soap?

any information appreciated - when I receive and try out this marvelous stuff I'll letcha all know what it is....

Hahaha you beat me out brother! I was right behind you...

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

Hahaha you beat me out brother! I was right behind you...

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

well it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who'd buy a pig in a poke.

(Incidentally, Jim - I am forever grateful to you - and forever penniless, likely - for your introducing me to "obscure" shaving soaps.... I particularly enjoy the Morning Pep and Corvette I got from you - they are both great.)

well it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who'd buy a pig in a poke.

(Incidentally, Jim - I am forever grateful to you - and forever penniless, likely - for your introducing me to "obscure" shaving soaps.... I particularly enjoy the Morning Pep and Corvette I got from you - they are both great.)

I hope we never run out of new "old" ones to try! I love the scent of that corvette, a real clean green.

Looks like the last issue...Here is an older one...

Attachments

• $royal.JPG
    $royal.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 98
I have to Royal London in the black plastic container with gold lettering. The soap is a yellow puck, I agree that info is scarce about this product, but the performance is in my top 5, and in a large sized den that is saying a lot. Excellent soap.

Searched for that 30 years ago.
never thought I would see that again.
it was in the black container.

I found mine at a local antique store for $10, I was still new to wet shaving at the time, so I picked it up. Found out that most people have never even heard of Royal London, cant find out where it was manufactured at or ingredients or anything, but the performance is wonderful. If you can find one I would highly recommend getting it.

Excellent Score!! I saw that on on the bay but didn't want to shell out the cash since my puck/tub is about 98% and should last forever with the "den" I have accumulated.

Royal London is a Vintage Shave Soap that gets very little mention and there is little to no information about it as well.

As far as scent goes, mine just smells like a musty Old attic lol which actually smells nice from time to time as weird as it sounds hahaha.

Have you shaved with it yet? The lather from this stuff is incredible IMO and one of the best vintage soaps I have tried. Plus the container is unique and unlike anything else.

I had it shipped to my USA address (free shipping only CONUS). I currently live in Japan so it was be awhile until I try this soap. I paid a little more than I planned but SAD kicked in and the rest is history...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
You will have to let us know how you get on with it when you finally get to try it out.

You will have to let us know how you get on with it when you finally get to try it out.

I try to juggle three or four mailing addresses to grab things on The Bay...I have had winning bids sent to the UK, Germany, the USA and Japan. The only local sellers in Japan are for Japanese straights and kamisori.

So, I finally got my hands on the Royal London today. As others have mentioned, the performance is
top notch. It is up there with my favorites Tobac and Valobra. It might even be better. I had no problem
quickly whipping up a thick but slick lather. Well worth the wait...

Well, it was trade marked. Has to be some way to look that up, but I wouldn't be the one to ask how=)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

So, I finally got my hands on the Royal London today. As others have mentioned, the performance is
top notch. It is up there with my favorites Tobac and Valobra. It might even be better. I had no problem
quickly whipping up a thick but slick lather. Well worth the wait...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Sounds heavenly! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Top Bottom