What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

5K around the neighborhood. Though it is a bit less humid, I still found it hard to get out the door. Went two houses down and came back, then out for the full 5K. 79/82%/E10

FGCU The Gobbler 5K. Great Turkey Trot! Alico Arena facilities available pre-race. Easy drive and parking. Not too heavy a crowd (319 finishers) like the Cape Coral Hospital Turkey Trot. Fast, easy course around the FGCU campus. 62 degrees/78%/NE9. Made for a good time and good time! Happy Thanksgiving!

The usual route, but quickest in awhile. 63 degrees. NNW wind of 10 or so. 51% humidity. About the best running weather we get here in SW FL!

Did the Freedom 5K on the Fourth as motivation to run in prep for a September triathlon. Over the Cape Coral Bridge and back. Evening storms the night before brought the temp at race time to 77 degrees, but the 95% humidity at the start, at 7 am, still made for a challenge. I don't know why I expected to best my Turkey Trot time, on a flat course with temps in the fifties, on this humid day on a bridge. Of course, I didn't, and I was humbled by two younger ladies at the line (I did hold off a hard charging 62 year old woman!). I think I'll do this one again!

Ran my first 5k in over 5 years on Saturday. Had to sprint the last quarter mile to finish under 30:00. Was pretty sore as it was my third straight day running so yesterday I just did a nice mile at 12 minute pace with my better half.

Went 2 miles yesterday out at 8:20 and back in at 10:00. Then my wife wanted to a mike so we ran a slow 12:00. Ended up totaling 3.3 in 33 minutes.

Feeling it in my knees and ankles badly today. Went just one mile at 8:40 and hung ‘Em up. Gonna ice the joints and roll the legs tonight in the hopes I’ll be back again tomorrow.

Week1 day 3 Perfect morning for a run. I wish I could have done a10 miler instead of 8 one minute runs.
20200318_085910.jpg

Week 2 day 2. A bit warmer today and a bit quieter. My morning half hour has been integral in my not going completely bat **** this last week and a half. I strongly encourage anyone who can at least walk to get outside (alone). Otherwise try to at least sit in the sun for a few minutes everyday. It's certainly worth it for me.

I took off the better part of a week to let my legs rest. Still barely made a mile today. Starting to do leg workouts on top of running in the hopes that it’s just muscular weakness and not joint deterioration. Only time will tell!

Gutted out 2 miles at 10:00 tonight. warmed down with a 1.5 mile walk with the dog. Joints feeling a little better today. Body weight squats and lunges tonight after the run.

Top Bottom