What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

Ok, good. Did you say six days a week earlier? 2 miles a day? That's solid.

I'm not sure, I can't remember, haha! But I normally run six days a week. I was doing 5 miles a day but I felt like it was too much. Not physically speaking but I'd sometimes find myself getting bored during the run and it was taking up a bit too much time out of the day for me.

When I got injured I started reading about running a bit and started to think about running in terms of weekly mileage, rather than daily, 15 to 20 miles a week being about the ideal, as I see it. That means I can use a couple of different routes and distances thoughout the week to keep boredam at bay. I also think the variety will be good for my muscles, with different hills etc.

I was out for less than a month and my injury was not severe so I could probably have resumed at about 14 - 15 miles a week but I just felt like starting from scratch. Afterall, what's the rush?

0.87 miles

Yesterday's run, which I forgot to post...

0.87ml.png

0.87 miles

...and today's run. Got harassed by a small, angry, white dog, which had me veering into the road. Luckily managed to avoid disaster!

0.87ml.png

0.87 miles

...and today's run. Got harassed by a small, angry, white dog, which had me veering into the road. Luckily managed to avoid disaster!

View attachment 1196406
That reminds me, once I was out on a 4 miler, two wicked hills, but anyways I was running down a stretch of the road when a carload of teens pulled out from a side street, and when they passed me dumped a full load from the cars ash tray on me. This was around 35, 40 years ago when everyone smoked. I've got a million of those stories.

I know I've asked before but I'm forgetful...what time of day do you run Tiny?

I don't think you did ask. But always late afternoon/early evening, two hours or so before my evening meal. Usually around 5.00pm, sometimes a little earlier or later depending on other stuff and the time of year, weather, temperature etc.

I don't think you did ask. But always late afternoon/early evening, two hours or so before my evening meal. Usually around 5.00pm, sometimes a little earlier or later depending on other stuff and the time of year, weather, temperature etc.
Thats when I preferred to run, or play golf for that matter. I liked to time it so I was finishing up just as it got dark. I later learned thats when the human body was at its peak for physical performance.

Top Bottom