What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Contributor
Been a while since I've posted in this thread, but here's an update. Ran my usual 1.6 mile route in my 'hood this morning pre dawn. My daily streak has been going since Feb 28th, 2020. If my maths is correct (channeling @Owen Bawn here) that is 426 straight days. So if I'm gunning for a Cal Ripken Jr like streak only 2206 more days to go I think? This was inspired by @GaryTha

So 2020 I logged well over 600 miles. At the end of this month I'll have 250 logged for this year so I think I should be on pace to get 750 in 2021. Right now I'm getting about 14.5 per week, (1.6 Monday-Friday then 3-3.5 each on Saturday & Sunday) I'm thinking of trying to go for 1000 in 2022. It's only like 2.75 per day so very doable. I'm getting close to 50 and think it would be neat to log 1000 miles a year every year of my 50s.

FWIW my daily shaving streak matches my daily running streak. So these have now essentially become habits. Now I've just got to get back on the wagon with my daily reading. Goal is to read 45 minutes a day every day. Running, Shaving, Reading. That's the 3 daily habits I'm looking to invest in.

I'm in Florida too, used to run a 4 miler in Wekiva State Park, where is that shot taken? if I may ask.
Sure! That’s in North Ft. Myers at a series of equine and hiking trails at Prairie Pines. Cool spot that is ideal for trail running in dry season, but too wet when the rains start in June.

I took that photo as I was cooling down on the elevated, crushed shell path that stays dry all year. The trail is to the right or dead ahead, as it also parallels the shell path then curves left at the start.

Last edited:
Sure! That’s in North Ft. Myers at a series of equine and hiking trails at Prairie Pines. Cool spot that is ideal for trail running in dry season, but too wet when the rains start in June.

I took that photo as I was cooling down on the elevated, crushed shell path that stays dry all year. The trail is to the right or dead ahead, as it also parallels the shell path then curves left at the start.
It looks like a great route. Thanks for sharing.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
First 1/2 marathon is in the books. It was harder than I expected it to be a week ago, but easier than I expected it to be 6 months ago. I ran the entire race with a friend and we had a great time. The goal was never to finish in a certain time, but to do the training and get comfortable at longer distances. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom