What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

1.42 miles

A brisk run in the freezing fog. Roll on summer!

1.42ml.png

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I ran 681.6 miles in 2020, and maintained a streak of running at least a mile every day since Feb 28th.

For 2021 I'm shooting for maintaining the everyday streak and we'll see how many miles that ends up. I think I can get to 700. Typically I go 1.2 each morning before work, then on days when I'm off work I go 3.2. That was the routine for 2020 and it worked well.

Went 3.2 this morning in a light, cold rain (about 45 degrees F)

A nice hot shower, shave, and steaming cup of coffee with egg, sausage and avocado toast was enjoyed afterward. I then settled in and did absolutely nothing the rest of the days besides read and watch college football ;)

I ran 681.6 miles in 2020, and maintained a streak of running at least a mile every day since Feb 28th.

For 2021 I'm shooting for maintaining the everyday streak and we'll see how many miles that ends up. I think I can get to 700. Typically I go 1.2 each morning before work, then on days when I'm off work I go 3.2. That was the routine for 2020 and it worked well.

A nice hot shower, shave, and steaming cup of coffee with egg, sausage and avocado toast was enjoyed afterward. I then settled in and did absolutely nothing the rest of the days besides read and watch college football ;)

That is just too cool!
I’d like to work up to go a few 5Ks.
I’m usually an early morning runner then shower, shave and eggs with green chili. Maybe I can work up to daily running. That would be great.
Hope all is well in North Carolina!
Maybe we can get back there this summer. That would be great!

That’s awesome.

I used to run at least 5k a day 10-15 years ago and now I am a lump. It’s hard to keep at it every day IME.

I am starting again this week as I need to commit to exercise. I have run a marathon and a couple of halfs and would like to run another half this summer. 👍

My wife started running when she met me, she wanted to have one of the activities I was doing as something we could do together. Eventually we ran some 5ks together although she insisted I run my own pace, I was doing sub 7 minute pace at the time. But after my back finally disabled me she kept going and ran a half marathon , then took up the run everyday challenge and logged close to a year of running everyday, rain or shine. The challenge was at least a mile everyday but she did at least three and as many as nine.

There is still a fair amount of ice in the neighborhood.

Double good luck, lol. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as you take care. I've always found walking in snow and ice I may slip (especially in shoes) but running I never come close. Must be the momentum/running action increasing the traction.

Run and done.
just finished the first run of 2021.
A sluggish 26 minute 2.2 mile walk/ run. I ran about a mile on a blustery afternoon. It’s a start.
Tomorrow is a fun hit around (tennis) with the guys.

Great job Tiny.
Commitment Tiny, commitment.
Tiny, did you say you used to run more?
Just wondering are you young and just starting or older and getting back into it?

Tiny, did you say you used to run more?
Just wondering are you young and just starting or older and getting back into it?

Older (-ish, haha!) and getting back into it. I always enjoyed sport when I was younger, mostly football (what you lot call soccer), a bit of hockey, quite a lot of tennis, athletics - you name it. That kinda became less and less when I left school but I've kept up with running on and off ever since. I've never had a weight problem so I'm lucky with that. I gave up smoking more than 10 years ago so although it had been a few years since I started again around April of last year it's been fairly easy. Just a few niggles here and there.

Commitment Tiny, commitment.

I don't just run for the health benefits (though they are great!). I enjoy the whole process; the routine, the solitude, the simplicity, the fresh air, even the bad weather (mostly, lol) so again, I guess I'm just lucky.

Top Bottom