What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

Couch to 5K
Week 3 Day3
28 minutes
1.85 miles 70 degrees
More walking than Monday as I navigated paving crews on the route. The run was aggressively slow. The payoff is no cramps or Achilles pain. It looks like this jut might work.

Couch to 5K
Week 4 Day 2
32 minutes
2.2 miles 63 degrees
I was tired after a day of vigorous garage cleaning siting and organizing and 20 minutes of tennis weight training.
I forced the pace going out and had a quality run. I went sub 9 minute miles on two of the run intervals. That felt good!
It’s good to run again.

Couch to 5K
Week 4 Day 3
32:20 2.26 miles 62 degrees
Good pace in spite of traffic on the route. Puppy patrol was out in force slowed down for social distancing and stopped twice for traffic. All the same a pretty good run.

Couch to 5K
Week 5 Day 1
32:08 2.1 miles 65 degrees
A good run
City maintenance crews were out cleaning up debris and fallen tree limbs from our recent thunderstorms.

Couch to 5K
Week 5 Day 2
32:51 2.1 miles 72 degrees

A laborious run
21 days between runs
A combination of an ankle sprain and helping get the Tennis Center up and running with racquet stringing.
It felt good to get out and run again.

Couch to 5K
Week 5 Day 3
32:42 2.2 miles 75 degrees
2 one mile repeats with a one minute walk and added a sprint at the end of the second repeat.
I was tired at the start and it took a while to get into the run, but it felt good in the uphill of the second repeat.
A good run. I needed that

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Ran Saturday (yesterday):
3.39 miles at average pace of 11 min 2 seconds per mile
82 degrees, humidity 75%, feels like temp 97 degrees
I was soaking wet by the end of the run, so jumped in the pool and swam for 30 minutes

Ran Saturday (yesterday):
3.39 miles at average pace of 11 min 2 seconds per mile
82 degrees, humidity 75%, feels like temp 97 degrees
I was soaking wet by the end of the run, so jumped in the pool and swam for 30 minutes

Great job!
No run today.
An hour and a half of tennis with my neighbor.
Pool sounds great!
Pools are closed at our townhomes.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Great job!
No run today.
An hour and a half of tennis with my neighbor.
Pool sounds great!
Pools are closed at our townhomes.
Thanks! We purchased this house in November, and the only thing we didn't like about the place was that it came with a pool. It's our first time owning a pool, and I figured it would be an expensive hassle, but it turns out we love having it. Given the weather here is somewhere between hot and sweltering around 9 months of the year, the pool seems like a necessity. I saw your what you posted about your tennis game, it sounded like a lot of fun!

For a long time I have been wanting to run a half marathon. I am talking a long time like over 30 years. Anyway 2 years ago I was diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic then a week later I broke my ankle officiating a football game. After 2 surgeries I walked my way back into shape and with all this Covid crud going around my wife and I started the virtual runs. I did slack off some during football season this year but I made up my mind to walk a half marathon. This past Sunday was my 55th birthday and I celebrated by walking the Day of the Dead Virtual Half Marathon. It took me just under 4 hours, nothing stellar but just happy I completed a goal I NEVER thought I was going to accomplish.

Here is the medal they gave out for the half marathon
20201104_093946.jpg
20201104_093946.jpg

I used to run 6 days a week, anywhere from 3 miles to a 10K, 6.2 miles for the better part of 30 years before my disability put an end to it. Anywhere from an easy 8 minute pace to 6 on runs when I was "feeling it".

The first half of my running career, which started in 1977, wasn't for running for it's own sake but to make me better at the sports I played, both organized and unorganized. Tennis, basketball and baseball, later softball when my friends got too out of shape and slow which made hardball a little too dangerous. I actually ran my first year or two in tennis shoes. Then a running buddy convinced me to run in a road race. I loved to run in the late afternoon early evening and by myself or with a friend at most to wind down and get away from people. But that one road race got me hooked. Problem was I didn't know how to train. I ran all my daily runs flat out, trying to get a pr. Wrong. I probably could have had better prs in my road races if I had trained properly.

0.87 miles. A short recovery run.

Today was my first run after a few weeks lay-off due to a hip flexor injury. Am I ready for the comeback? I'm about to find out.

0.87ml - Copy.png

Top Bottom