What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

Today was an easy 10-mile trail run with 650 feet of elevation gain. Yesterday's five-mile run was also an easy pace. Tomorrow is an off day, and then Tuesday will be tempo, speed work, or fartleck, depending on how I feel.

@MrSpeedy, excellent work on your 5k! I'd have to dig deep to try and run 3.1 miles in 25 minutes, and I don't know if I could get there.

I am in the middle of training, which is always an interesting place to be. Following a plan, I have found good and bad days, and sticking to the plan and grinding through can be challenging. Most of the time, I feel like I suck, and occasionally I'll surprise myself. Usually, I am too focused on trying to get faster, which has happened after several months of consistent running, but never fast enough to satisfy me. But I feel good, my health is good, and having a goal is fun. Sort-of. I've done a lot of training, so I am familiar with the ebb and flow, but running is f'n hard!

Today was an easy 10-mile trail run with 650 feet of elevation gain. Yesterday's five-mile run was also an easy pace. Tomorrow is an off day, and then Tuesday will be tempo, speed work, or fartleck, depending on how I feel.

@MrSpeedy, excellent work on your 5k! I'd have to dig deep to try and run 3.1 miles in 25 minutes, and I don't know if I could get there.

I am in the middle of training, which is always an interesting place to be. Following a plan, I have found good and bad days, and sticking to the plan and grinding through can be challenging. Most of the time, I feel like I suck, and occasionally I'll surprise myself. Usually, I am too focused on trying to get faster, which has happened after several months of consistent running, but never fast enough to satisfy me. But I feel good, my health is good, and having a goal is fun. Sort-of. I've done a lot of training, so I am familiar with the ebb and flow, but running is f'n hard!

You're lucky to be in an area where there are lots of great trails! All my trails are sandy and buggy. I was in Sisters this past summer and enjoyed the area.

I know I could be faster for a 5K but that's not my focus right now. For the summer I'm looking to maintain or slightly gain running fitness as a head towards starting my training cycle in late summer/early fall for my December trail 19 mile race. I figure 3 runs per week with some cross-training (swimming, lifting) plus any outdoor activities I do, such as kayaking.

Top Bottom