What's new

Rotbart Razors

full

Yes, the No.15 is a safety bar razor. They seem to pop up occasionally, be prepared for a little bit of plating issues as there was a batch found recently that were not stored in the most ideal conditions. there are some thicker aluminum and heavier handle models with the same head ... one of the best engineered designs in my opinion.

Daily driver
View attachment 797860

OK thank you for your info.
I guess I was lucky finding both in pretty good condition. Or is it specifically the no15 that had plating issues?

I'm also a fan of the odd rotbart. every now and then I'm lucky enough to pick up a NOS one.
Not pictured is the mini travel BeBe and a rather suspect tech-a-like clone (similar to the red NOS one in my awful photos). And I recently got a great deal on the blades, some are stamped with a 'as of 1-10-44, 5 pfennings per pack' price hike :)

IMG_1410 (Small).JPG
IMG_1411 (Small).JPG

thanks guys. Pippirull, there are out there every so often. i got lucky on mine quite quickly one after the other. its not unthinkable to pick up a nice one.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Super collection, you've done very well! Thanks for sharing, Jas101!
Is that the light aluminum handle in the red zipper case? I'd love to see a close-up!
... a fan of the odd rotbart. every now and then I'm lucky enough to pick up a NOS one.

Lucky! I'd say. :001_rolle

image.jpeg
Nemo, Chronarch has a much better example, or at least, he will have soon. In the mean time, heres my one.

Alex, well, regarding the blades, one of the nos 15's and paper case - i got chatting to an ebay seller and while i didnt win the actual auction the seller Thomas showed me some other things he hadnt listed yet. Long story short, i bought the lot. Theres also a couple of websites that sell nos rotbarts and fasans as 'military surplus' from time to time.

View attachment 802262 Nemo, Chronarch has a much better example, or at least, he will have soon. In the mean time, heres my one.

Alex, well, regarding the blades, one of the nos 15's and paper case - i got chatting to an ebay seller and while i didnt win the actual auction the seller Thomas showed me some other things he hadnt listed yet. Long story short, i bought the lot. Theres also a couple of websites that sell nos rotbarts and fasans as 'military surplus' from time to time.

Would you like to share those websites? You may send a pm if you want to :)
Would really like to find some more Rotbarts, but they are not very common.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nemo, Chronarch has a much better example, or at least, he will have soon. In the mean time, heres my one.

Not sure how you could get one much nicer than that! I'm still looking for that particular model's zippered case (aluminum handle + No15 head) and have the 5031 in a plastic box with the Gillette Tech style head. Thanks for the close up!

Other (later) style:
full

I love the Rotbarts as well especially the RFB I am looking for one of the heavy handel ones. Thanks for posting your collection.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Pippirull, your best bet is probably kpemig. Thats where my last 15 came from. Its not a secret site by any means.

Heres something i find interesting. The mond extra on the left has a different stamp font which ive never seen before. Having said that, im no rotbart expert and theres probably countless other razors like this.

Also pictured is the rotlette (gillette rotbart hybrid) and the tech clone (like nemo's one?) which i believe is in a mismatched case.

Great razors and although hard to find decent ones, they do come available more frequently than some of the other rarities from Germany. Great scores gentlemen.

Top Bottom