What's new

Rotbart Razors

d.jpeg
i.jpeg
This is my :)

As this thread has been revived from the dead here is my Single Ring Rotbart. The case is incorrect and did not come with the razor. I will be using it tomorrow. It does need a little more tarnish removal, but it is a great shaver.
proxy.php

MondExtra.jpg

MondExtra2.jpg

This is my Mond-Extra that I had replated. As Jake noted, many of these old Rotbarts have plating issues. This one was in that category, but I found it to be such a fantastic shaver that I decided to give it a makeover. It really is as good a shaving razor as any in my stable. It may look like a single ring knock-off (or was it the other way around?), but it shaves much better IMO.

I only have two Rotbart sets taht I've acquired recently... One of them is still en route and i think is the one in better condition.

But I'm not going to wait until that one reaches me, so here you have the one in a red tin. Not as nice as yours, Jake :001_cool: but the razor looks really good. Not cleaned up yet..

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

More photos of the other one in due time. Stay tuned.

Here are my two Rotbarts, both original and non-replated. Good everyday use. They work like a charm, and is part of my rotation. Beautiful engineering, definitely worth buying.

20170603_121948.jpg
20170603_121836.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I only have two Rotbart sets taht I've acquired recently... One of them is still en route and i think is the one in better condition.

But I'm not going to wait until that one reaches me, so here you have the one in a red tin. Not as nice as yours, Jake :001_cool: but the razor looks really good. Not cleaned up yet..

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

More photos of the other one in due time. Stay tuned.

Hi, here's my Rotbart RFB-

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This razor has been replated in Rhodium. Thanks for letting me share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are my two Rotbarts, both original and non-replated. Good everyday use. They work like a charm, and is part of my rotation. Beautiful engineering, definitely worth buying.

View attachment 797813 View attachment 797814

Most excellent, Gents!

Most excellent, Gents!
Thank you! I really like them, and best of all, I stumbled upon them and got them for around 10$ each. I wouldn't hesitate to pay twice or three times more for another Rotbart.
Would like to find the closed comb, is it called no15?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thank you! I really like them, and best of all, I stumbled upon them and got them for around 10$ each. I wouldn't hesitate to pay twice or three times more for another Rotbart.
I'm no Rotbart expert, but @nemo or @Useless shaver may know. You got a nice score!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
full

Yes, the No.15 is a safety bar razor. They seem to pop up occasionally, be prepared for a little bit of plating issues as there was a batch found recently that were not stored in the most ideal conditions. there are some thicker aluminum and heavier handle models with the same head ... one of the best engineered designs in my opinion.

Daily driver
Rotbart No15.jpg

Top Bottom